Engine conversions?

Danny

Administrator
Hello,

Just had a look at the Dazon, thats a pretty capable buggy. I dont think anybody on here has one.

BUt we can help if we can

Danny

Angel Boy

Welcome!!   ;D

I have no real idea, but as with any engine transplant you are pretty much guaranteed to have to chop and weld something.  Nice choice of engine though.  A friend of mine had a Swift GTI that had been chipped etc and it rev'd and pulled like mad.  Couldn't believe it from a 1.3.

Good luck with it and keep us upto date here with pictures etc

Andy

Mini Mad Max

Yeah, what andy said :p Welcome! I hope to see your progress in many pics and posts and i would like to see how this project turns out, Them dazons are proper mean! lol :D
Max

collie

I was looking on the Blitz website earlier, they like to boast they can fabricate any subframe to fit their KR2 chassis.
With that in mind, it should be easy(ish) to do that with a Freestyle or a Dazon surely?
I was primarily thinking about the Freestyle, what with all the talk about engine conversions, maybe get a hold of a Blitz build manual to get an idea how they fit the K-Series... Alan?

maz

Thank's guy's i'll let you no how it go's just as soon as the snow's gone il get on with it. :-\  The suzuki gti lump i've got has had a bit of work dun on it already with stage 2 head mild road cams .The con rods and pistons have been L/B new high pressure oil pump fitted so it sould fly ;D

Lime&Orange

The average cost of the K-Head A Series is £5,000.

My friend has now spent OVER that.

120bhp at fly, but more to come.

Other thoughts are: 1750cc from Allegro (if you can find one) which fits the mini subframe.

As mentioned, the 16age from the mk1 mr2.

Metro Turbo, but running T2 so less lag.

Or possible cheaper route is the vmax/scart supercharger.

However, none of these is cheap, but power never is!

jason_l

Lime&Orange":1z0wuahw said:
The average cost of the K-Head A Series is £5,000.

My friend has now spent OVER that.

120bhp at fly, but more to come.

Other thoughts are: 1750cc from Allegro (if you can find one) which fits the mini subframe.

As mentioned, the 16age from the mk1 mr2.

Metro Turbo, but running T2 so less lag.

Or possible cheaper route is the vmax/scart supercharger.

However, none of these is cheap, but power never is!

This is why i got rid of my 1275gt engine! Wanted about 120bhp and decided that it was going to cost thousands and is it really worth it.

Im going for the 4EFTE engine from a starlet, if you look at the 'Freestyle GT' post in the build section it will explain all. I bought a whole starlet for £600 and that has 135bhp standard, mine will be running about 150-160bhp. Its going to cost me half the price to get this engine in the car and running then it will to tune up the A series to somewhere near that.

Jason

I have a half race 1380 from minisport.. with cooper head and webber 40

But... for my buggy im gonna chop the back end and fit a 1400 injection Metro K series..

Its CVT auto so one continous gear effectively...

No gear change problems.. wiring is easy.. and I can upgrade to a 1600 or 1800 after the hard work is done..

A series are SO heavy...

Ive spent 4k on my 1380.. its a great track day engine.. but horrible to drive around town..

The complete Metro cost me £150.. and should be plenty quick enough.. blow it up.. buy another Metro..