Engine Running Problems

boger123

hi alan ive been looking around and ive found 2 ferrrets and the copy of the 1978 playbody but i can only manage to get me hand on £2.75 but i am willing to rite an IOU for the rest so what do you reckon are we having a deal

RichardG

Alan,

any luck getting it fixed yet. Can you believe it I now have what seems to be the same problem on my buggy. Did a trial 2 weeks ago and it ran like a dream all day. Got it out on saturday for quick whizz round the lanes and have all same symptons as you. Managed to get home, started fiddling and now cant get it to run at all.

Have checked everything I can think off and just about given up.

I have a good spark, good compression, timing looks OK and carb has been stripped and cleaned. Frustrating or what. Getting to the point where I am just going to take 998cc engine out and start again with a 1275.

Richard

Phaeton

Staff member
Well had you asked me on Thursday I would have said all was well & I'd sorted out all the problems. But come Friday it's started again, I went to work in it, I had no other form of transport, it was a bit cold at 7am.

Anyway ran like a dream there, showed a few BM's up on a couple of roundabout & got all the way but 2 miles from home when suddenly lost all power again. Coasted to the side of the road, shook the car just in case it was fuel & there was fuel at the other side of the gear linkage/brake tunnel, 5 minutes later, it started & I drove home very sedately. Now it might be I was just out of fuel & I'm doing it a disservice, but I ended up in a foul mood & haven't touched it since to check.

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

Hope it gets sorted! Engine gremlins are the worst, but it's good to hear that it is getting better :D
Don't give up, it's like riding a bike, however many times you fall off , get back on. I've fallen off alot of times, a few more spectacularly than others  ;D
Max

Radar

jeez Alan can't believe your engine problem is not sorted yet !!! hope you get it fixed for good and soon

Radar