Freestyle Chassis Plates

jason_l

Hi All, just to make you all aware that we are doing a group buy on Chassis plates for the Freestyle.

You will get your own chassis plate with your chassis number printed on it and will come with the holes already pre etched so all you need to do is drill some holes on your buggy and rivet them on!

These will be made from 0.5mm stainless steel and will have the wording 'Acid Etched' into it rather than stamped.

If people are interested then add your names here or on the other post http://www.muddybuggies.com/Buggies-Forum/index.php/topic,770.0.html

Closing deadline for these are Friday 16th January 09 @12 noon as they will be put into production that day.

Price is not certain yet but i will ensure people pay no more than £5 per plate even if i have to pay the extra out my own pocket, more than likely be cheaper than this but can't be certain till i have numbers!

1: Jason  F2A02080000001158 Confirmed
2: Phaeton F2A02070000000199 Confirmed
3: Holy Count F2A11080000000998 and F2A10080000001275 Confirmed
4: Collie F2A07104007000171 Confirmed
5: Paul F2A69090112934054  Confirmed
6: Andy F2A04002411750489  Confirmed

Jason :)

jason_l

Right i have drawn up one chassis plate for sizing, its going to have to be simple as it gets too big if i start adding loads of wording etc. All they will have printed on them is:

NO: F2A0208000001158 (example of what mine will say)

They currently measure 150x17mm and will be 0.5mm thick stainless steel.

Do people think this will be ok??? I will get a quote tomorrow for 5 plates and hopefully get back to you guys with a final price! Obviously if more people continue to add their names it will come down accordingly!

UPDATE: I have emailed the file off and asked for a price on 5 and 10 lots of chassis plates so i will post up a confirmed price tomorrow lunch time! :p

jason_l

Right i have got the Quote back and its a little more than what i thought it would be so i have got a new quote for 0.375mm stainless steel and it has come down a little.

It does work out at more than £5 each, however as i have promised to cap the cost at no more than £5 i will cover the additional cost as i need a chassis plate anyway and this is by far the most professional looking way of doing it!

But be aware this is the only time i will be running this group buy at this cost, I'm more than happy to help members with the CAD work in future and even speak to the company that produces them but the cost will be substantially more!!!!!

Phaeton

Staff member
Jason,

Is Paypoo okay for you or do you want cash at Bingley, your call. As to the extra I'll pay it, the last plate I had done 3 years ago cost me £15.

Alan...

jason_l

Paypal is fine guys my email is lockyerdvd at aol dot com.

The total came to £45 plus VAT, £51.75 currently six of us in this so works out at £8.62 per plate, im happy if people just want to pay £5 as thats what i would promised it would cost max! Plus i would have to pay more anyway to get mine made up that i would have been getting made regardless.

The remainder of the chassis plates will be getting drawn up tonight, what size rivet holes do people want pre-etched. I was going to have 5mm holes but do people want them smaller or is that ok??? It will be harder to drill the holes when they have been made as they may distort!

Phaeton

Staff member
You have some more funds, think 5mm is a bit on the big side? Just thinking about the size of the rivet head, would have thought 3-3.5mm would suffice.

Alan...

jason_l

Phaeton":kj0x0jao said:
You have some more funds, think 5mm is a bit on the big side? Just thinking about the size of the rivet head, would have thought 3-3.5mm would suffice.

Alan...

Thats fine with me Alan, will make them 3.5mm holes then. I asked because i don't know what size rivets come in??? If you didn't guess im new to this kitcar building stuff.  ::) :p

Thanks to those who have sent funds, will keep everyone informed as to the progress of these and will let you know when they are on the way! As promised Alan i will make sure you have yours ASAP.

Jason :p

jason_l

Just finished the CAD drawings now, all ready to go, now just sit back and wait to see if anyone else wants in???  :-*

Angel Boy

Jason,
Cleared it with the boss (well I will do) so can you put me down for one please?

Can someone confirm though.  I've been reading the posts and I see mention of 17 digit chasis numbers but when I am counting the numbers in this thread I am counting 16 digits (unless it is late I need to goto bed)?

According to the invoice I have, it is chasis number FS000489 and was purchased 03/04/2000 so can we go:

F2A04002411750489 (17 digits)

or

F2A0400241175489 (16 digits)

Ta v much,
Andy

HolyCount

Angel Boy":132ukcgp said:
Jason,
Cleared it with the boss (well I will do) so can you put me down for one please?

Can someone confirm though.  I've been reading the posts and I see mention of 17 digit chasis numbers but when I am counting the numbers in this thread I am counting 16 digits (unless it is late I need to goto bed)?

According to the invoice I have, it is chasis number FS000489 and was purchased 03/04/2000 so can we go:

F2A04002411750489 (17 digits)

or

F2A0400241175489 (16 digits)

Ta v much,
Andy

He's right !!!! Have to pad out with an extra zero !!!!

jason_l

Right can people confirm their Chassis numbers in the list above???

All i have done is copy and pasted them from the other post so somewhere along the line they have been posted up wrong???? Should the top lot have an extra zero in there???? If people can confirm asap (pref today) then they will still get ordered tomorrow!

HolyCount

Mine were a zero short (like my paypacket). Should be :

F2A11080000000998 and F2A10080000001275

Old age, I am afraid (or just can't count) ;D

jason_l

All have been redone and ALL of them now have 17 digits, still need the last few to confirm they are happy with what i have matches what they have!

Jason :p

jason_l

Is everyone happy with the size of these?

They are currently 150x17mm in size, just printed them all off to double check numbers and they look quite big on paper. I scale them down smaller is people want?