No Chassis number or Reciept!

jason_l

Hi All,

Just been looking at the SVA paperwork :( and its asking for a chassis number for the kit car chassis??? Not to sure we have this, we have no paperwork/reciept for the chassis as we bought a part built and didn't get any doccumentation with it.

Is this going to cause a problem for SVA or should i find ;) a reciept for chassis etc???

thanks in advance,

Jason :)

Danny

Administrator
Hello,

I would either speak to Dave smart about a chassis number or make one up. Start it FSO then the date or something.

As far as a receipt maybe make one or print ebay receipt off

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
Dave's format for the chassis number was

F = Freestyle
2 = 2 Seater
A = Based on A series
xx = Month of Order Sorry I'm wrong this number is year
yy = Year of Order Sorry I'm wrong this number is month
0000000 = 7 zero's to pad out chassis number to 17 digits
aaa = Seemed to be a random number Dave liked

This gave my first buggy FA206070000000240

I didn't get a number with my part build so invented one along the same lines F2A02070000000199 no particular reason for the month/year or random number just came off top of my head.

You can request a number from DVLA but I have an aversion to contacting them they seem to make things as hard as possible for the most simple things.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
It should be stamped into or on a non-removable plate fastened to the chassis, my last one was only pop riveted on but neither VOSA or DVLA questioned it, but I have heard them not accepting it if not stamped,

Alan...

jason_l

Thanks People for the advice looks like i may be able to fudge something together.

Might get a small plate made up that has all the specs on it.

I have contacts with a company that can acid etch into stainless steel, if others are interested we could get a load made up that people can rivet onto the chassis. They can have their own chassis number and chassis details on a small stainless steel plate that will be the same for everyone! Not too sure if this will be accepatble?????

This is an example of some of the stuff i have been doing with stainless steel and this etching process.......

dsc2401fixframerj4.jpg

mydials003.jpg

Phaeton

Staff member
Hasn't Jane ever told you it's not the length but what you do with it that counts.

Alan...

jason_l

Would anyone be interested in the chassis plates getting etched??? If enough people are interested than we will be looking at £4-5 for a proper (authentic looking) chassis plate.

jason_l

I can get these made up asap, if im going to need one anyway then i might as well strat the design. Once i have details i can have them in production and can have them with me by next week!

If we can get 3/4 people interested in the next few days that want a proffesional looking chassis plate then i can easily get it to you before the second Alan. :)

Jason

Mini Mad Max

could we make a logo for the freestyle, like some stainless steel with "freestyle" etched in in a fancey font?
That would be good! Im gonna just stick with a punched steel tag that can be riveted on.
Max

jason_l

Mini Mad Max":35r4zox5 said:
could we make a logo for the freestyle, like some stainless steel with "freestyle" etched in in a fancey font?
That would be good! Im gonna just stick with a punched steel tag that can be riveted on.
Max

This can easily be done, with anything its Price! Im happy to do the artwork for free but if just one person has it done its going to cost you about £20 or so depending on size! the more people that want it the cheaper i can get it!

Alan, looks like i may just get the chassis plates made up as im going to need one anyway, may get 2 or so made up, did you want in??? I can get the plates to you before you SVA, just need to know a size and what we want on them???

Mini Mad Max

I think im just going to stick with a steel tag with the number letter and number punched in. As for the logo, I think it should just be a small rectangle about 2cm by 10cm with the word freestyle etched in in fancey writing.
I could design a logo? Would this help?
Max

jason_l

Mini Mad Max":1qetj2zl said:
I think im just going to stick with a steel tag with the number letter and number punched in. As for the logo, I think it should just be a small rectangle about 2cm by 10cm with the word freestyle etched in in fancey writing.
I could design a logo? Would this help?
Max

Problem is that there is a minimum set up charge so even if its smaller in size then the cost won't come down that much!

Mini Mad Max

Oh, we need to see how many people want a logo then. will it be cheaper if we do the chassis numbers and logos together as one big batch order or is that not possible?
Max

jason_l

I tell you what would be easiest and probably work out most cost effective for everyone is if you think of all the parts that you want out of etched stainless steel then i can set it up as a kit for each member.

That way each member can buy their own kit that could contain something like, chassis plate, freestyle badges/logo's, switch surrounds for the dash, keyring, etc etc

Making the stainless steel dials works out at about £35 per set but if you buy it all as a kit then you get all the seperate parts for one price! this will come at a later date, first things first!

I need numbers of people wanting chassis plates and i will have a confirmed price by the end of the week!

Phaeton

Staff member
I'm not bothered about any logo's or anything like that if you want a Freestyle badge then get one of these Fleecebay, just want a plain plate with F2A0207000000199 on needs a bit of space either end to put rivets through. Best if it was less than 25mm so it will fit on a rail, length would be whatever it came out at.That's a definite order for one. Let me know how much & I'll Paypoo you  the money

Alan...

jason_l

Alan, was thinking about the Stainless 'Set' as a later idea, for now i just want the chassis plate made up! :)

Right im going to get a chassis plate made up for me and Alan if anyone else wants in i need to know by the end of the week at the latest(friday morning). I will make sure that they are less than 25mm so they can fit on a rail.

They will have this printed on them:

Model: Freestyle
Chassis NO: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]

As im getting this made for myself anyway i will make sure that people will not pay more than £5 although im hopeing we can get them cheaper than this!

People that want one/two etc i need to know chassis numbers asap!