SVA Fail No real surprise

Will

Forgive my ignorance but is the V5 from the donor a necessity to get plates or is it just for age related plates?

Angel Boy

Congrats Alan  ;D  Just need to get your plates and you'll be able to put your feet up and dream up solutions for us slow coaches to get through our IVA tests  :'(

Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
Will":279r766k said:
Forgive my ignorance but is the V5 from the donor a necessity to get plates or is it just for age related plates?

No not actually necessary but eases the wheels a bit, if you don't have one you have to prove the age of your engine at SVA/IVA time so the emissions can be tested. Then at registration time you will almost certainly end up with a Q plate, it depends whether that bothers you or not.

Alan...

Will

Phaeton":30h7bj1c said:
Will":30h7bj1c said:

No not actually necessary but eases the wheels a bit, if you don't have one you have to prove the age of your engine at SVA/IVA time so the emissions can be tested. Then at registration time you will almost certainly end up with a Q plate, it depends whether that bothers you or not.

Alan...

Not really fussed about a Q, it's pretty obvious what the engine is and I'll take a receipt from the auction see if that helps him.  Testings a long way off though!

EDIT: Congrats on the pass mate.

Phaeton

Staff member
Will":12nowbou said:
I'll take a receipt from the auction see if that helps him.  Testings a long way off though!

You 'might' need a little more than that, you have to 'prove' the engine age, this is normally in the form of a letter from the manufacturer, not possible in the case of Rover or a recognised body, Heritage in the case of Austin/Morris or the engine is fitted into a car & the V5C date of first registration is taken as the age of the engine.

Alan...

collie

Angel Boy":37rgm847 said:
Congrats Alan   ;D   Just need to get your plates and you'll be able to put your feet up and dream up solutions for us slow coaches to get through our IVA tests   :'(

Andy
Andy, we're not slow coaches, we're "SLACKERS" apparently!  :-\

nw208

Congrats Alan,

Does that mean you will have more time to spend helping the rest of us? or will you be out in the buggy causing chaos?

Mini Mad Max

nw208":2mubxb4q said:
Congrats Alan,

Does that mean you will have more time to spend helping the rest of us? or will you be out in the buggy causing chaos?
If you are any buggy owner, where ever you drive it you cause chaos :eek: ( ;D)
As for alan being alan i don't think he has any choice about helping us ::)
Max ;)

Phaeton

Staff member
Go up this morning as excited as an 8 year old on Christmas morning, postie had already been, rush to the door and NO DAMMED Letter from DVLA Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  I HATE THE WORLD!!

Edit:- 13:50

The wife has just called me & said what's all this post on the window ledge, I was expecting a gauge so the postie had put it through the window instead of through the door. I now have C873 SRB off out now to get plates made up, 8 year old has come back yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeee

Alan...

HolyCount

KEEOOOOOOWL  ( thats for the 8 yr old!! )  Well done old boy ( for the adult!).

Nice one ... "SRB"  ... Super Road Buggy ???  I am sure others will come up with something better  ;D

JAMIE B.

Alan, what hoops did you have to jump to get an age related plate ?

I cant see how I'm going to manage with the current points totting up system with regards to the number of parts off the doner car.

collie

Nice one Alan, I'm really chuffed for you!
Looking forward to hear the squeek of the buggies brakes when you stop by next rather than that of the Van!  :)

HolyCount

JAMIE B.":1ld6ik2y said:
Alan, what hoops did you have to jump to get an age related plate ?

I cant see how I'm going to manage with the current points totting up system with regards to the number of parts off the doner car.

When the inspector asks, "Did this, this and that come from a single donor?"  just say "YES" !!  ::) ::)

Phaeton

Staff member
When I filled in the V627/1 when it asked for receipt for the engine, gearbox, steering & suspension etc. I put the donors registration number. Then when asked by the inspector I said the same, pretty sure she wouldn't have known a Toyota hub from an Austin hub. I think the answer is despite whatever Grange Hill say, just say 'yes'.

Alan...

jason_l

Phaeton":tola94pz said:
When I filled in the V627/1 when it asked for receipt for the engine, gearbox, steering & suspension etc. I put the donors registration number. Then when asked by the inspector I said the same, pretty sure she wouldn't have known a Toyota hub from an Austin hub. I think the answer is despite whatever Grange Hill say, just say 'yes'.

Alan...

Thats why i am using gearbox, steering and suspension from a Toyota  ;) ;) ;) ;D Hopefully the SVA guys won't question it too much  ???

Danny

Administrator
Well done alan

looking good... I want some spots on my buggy.... not till after I get back though

Danny