ChaosMotorSport MKII Buggy Engine Swap Discussion Thread

ChaosMS

Ha ha ha yeah I should motorise the headlights so they do that on the push of a button it would be like giving the car in front a "Hard Stare" LOL

I am really pleased with the lift it works like a charm, had the buggy out a the weekend briefly to do a little tidy up and ditch some of the crap that had started to gather around it (I think the guy at the local skip though I ran a chop shop!!!!!

ChaosMS

Oh and if you fancy building a lift let me know Ill send you the drawings and the dxf's for laser cutting

Danny

Administrator
Any chance you could give me teh measurements of that engine...

That might just go in the mojo....

ChaosMS

There are loads of after market ecu options Danny but the standard one can be remapped easily to quite a high level, loads of other bits too

As for dimensions I can get you the ones from mine what do you need overall width with box and depth front to back along with overall height from sump?

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":12vdote4 said:
There are loads of after market ecu options Danny but the standard one can be remapped easily to quite a high level, loads of other bits too

As for dimensions I can get you the ones from mine what do you need overall width with box and depth front to back along with overall height from sump?

Ah ok maybe an option if the size fits :D

I need kinder the overall size I think need to try and get it in here

s-l1600 (4).jpg

ChaosMS

Hi Danny, I have attached a PDF with the dimensions of the engine dummy I used for designing the new rear of the buggy, its not a 100% perfect (not by a long way) but it should help!

Attachments

• Engine dummy vw1.8 aum.zip
    88.2 KB · Views: 269

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":3arm00zx said:
No worries Danny - hopefully it will give you enough info to work out if it will fit or not!! ;D

need to find what size the pug engine I have in it already is... that may help in giving me an idea if it will fit

Danny

Administrator
I had a little measure today and my current engine and gearbox are about 840mm wide.... the vw one is 810mm wide...

It could quite possibly fit....

Can you upload some more photos around the engine to show the mounts and what not?