Mary's Back!! Discussion Thread

Phaeton

Staff member
I think I'll call round & see the guys who will be testing it. It's definately not a visual as that is only for Q plates. But mine will end up as a age related 1985 chassis built in 2009 on a cherished plate with a 1995 engine confused??

Alan...

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
alan thats teh same as mine....

1979 donor built in 2003 on an M reg...lol

Yeah I will be doing yearly runs up north :) Its good to have someone check over it

esdebe

Let us know when you're coming north... (I'll probably be able to hear you but let us know all the same...)
We will have to meet up for a spin.. Or are you planning to fit that in on the way to Stoneleigh??? You will have to plan your visits around your TAX a bit better... it is one thing to have an MOT appointment and drive without tax to it, but I think from the south coast to the test centre you use may be pushing it a bit..

Danny

Administrator
it will be fine :) tax runs out way after MOT is due and worst case is that my uncle drives it back from down south :)

MOT is not due till after stoneleigh :)

Steves2580

Phaeton":2whjuc1k said:
Steve,

Just ogling your pictures & getting inspiration/stealing ideas & noticed you've removed the cat, was it an issue at MOT time?

Alan...

Sorry for the late reply!

Seeing as it is registered on an F reg, emissions aren't a problem!! ;D

Danny

Administrator
Its not a first :) I have a photo somewhere of dave towing a trailer tent... that was longer than the freestyle :)

Lilspeed

Danny":2pdea45s said:
Its not a first :) I have a photo somewhere of dave towing a trailer tent... that was longer than the freestyle :)

I remember seeing that! It was hilarious. Towed well though apparently.

Mini Mad Max

I think any "spare" power may make you forget you're towing a trailor and i doubt trailors like being flulng sideways, may end up jacknifing which wouldn't be good :p

Mini Mad Max

I'm sure that's safe really. I saw a sport on tele once where they all raced whilst towing caravans. Noone crashed.... honest :p
Just think of all the crap you could tow with you. You could take glamping to a whole new level and take one of those previously mensioned fold out tent pallaces :)
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
Steve, what route did you use for the speedo cable? Going with the standard clocks in an attempt to get to Stoneleigh will swap for digital afterwards.

Alan...

Steves2580

Hi Alan,
Mary's speedo cable runs through the handbrake and gear linkage tunnel, then out to the left with my brake lines, through the front, where the (brave/daft) passengers feet are.
The cable then does a big loop under her front fibre glass bonnet, to the rear of the clocks!

Hope this helps!

Sorry about the late reply, just returned from my John O Groats to Lands Ends Charity Vintage Tractor Run, I'm knackered!!!

Steve.

Phaeton

Staff member
Thanks Steve no worries about the reply, I have for now gone across the front & down the passenger side.

Alan...