Mary's Back!! Discussion Thread

jason_l

Congratulations Steve!

Im dying to get mine on the road but just found out today that the house we are buying is now nearing completion and the second we get that i won't have time for the buggy :(

Get some video's up please!!!!!!!!!  :D

Steves2580

Danny":bw7p39tt said:
NEWARK!!!! :)

I want a go :)

I'm going to try my best to be there! Just short of a little coinage now :(

If I do get there, you can defo take her for a spin, you'll be totally amazed ;D

Steve.

Steves2580

jason_l":1h6ohxbq said:
Congratulations Steve!

Im dying to get mine on the road but just found out today that the house we are buying is now nearing completion and the second we get that i won't have time for the buggy :(

Thanks Jason!
It's a shame your going to be putting the buggy on the back burner! As long as you don't give up on the beast!

I'll ask Rich to do some videoing, when he gets back from his hols ;) I'd ask my lad, but he's poorly!
I'll get some posted as soon as possible ;D

Wonder if Max has a video?? I might have to have a ride up ;D

Steve :D

Mini Mad Max

Steves2580":38gijhp1 said:
jason_l":38gijhp1 said:
Congratulations Steve!

Thanks Jason!
It's a shame your going to be putting the buggy on the back burner! As long as you don't give up on the beast!

I'll ask Rich to do some videoing, when he gets back from his hols ;) I'd ask my lad, but he's poorly!

Hahahah Yes steve, just not on this friday, next monday or next friday. Those are my last exams :) I do have a video camera that could possibly be used :) You're welcome to come up and get a video of it giving it some stick on a road like the A686 or one of the passes in the lakes ;)
Max

Steves2580

Mini Mad Max":cth09krt said:
Steves2580":cth09krt said:
jason_l":cth09krt said:
Congratulations Steve!

Thanks Jason!

Hahahah Yes steve, just not on this friday, next monday or next friday. Those are my last exams :) I do have a video camera that could possibly be used :) You're welcome to come up and get a video of it giving it some stick on a road like the A686 or one of the passes in the lakes ;)
Max

I'll see what the weather is like, might be Saturday, late morning?

Steve ;D

Mini Mad Max

I've just been looking at 7 day forecasts, it's a bit vague, but the forecast for saturday morning is showing patchy rain and cloud, but i will keep you updated :p Saturday seems to be the same as the rest of this week's forecast has been, and so it is likely that it will be sunny and rainy :) It does seem best about late morning actually.
I shall PM you my postcode and phone number if you need directions or a contact.
Max

wagon

DSCF3750906.jpg

I thinks that's peddle to the metal!!!  ;D

Great work man!

Mini Mad Max

Engine should be healthy for some time to come now :) I bet it's nice to have proper relliable and economic motoring. Great finished job there Steve. Just need to paint your spoiler now :p
Max

HolyCount

Nah -- spoiler looks OK in grey  :p  That gap twixt front and rear sections looks a little disconcerting ----  not from a structural point of view -- just aesthetics  ::) Other than that --- excellent, but EXCELLENT, build  :D

Steves2580

HolyCount":3tv93ta5 said:
Nah -- spoiler looks OK in grey  :p  That gap twixt front and rear sections looks a little disconcerting ----  not from a structural point of view -- just aesthetics  ::) Other than that --- excellent, but EXCELLENT, build  :D

Thanks Holy!

I'm not sure about the spoiler colour???? But I have some black paint for the galv sheet in the centre section, that should make it look better!

Steve ;D

ChaosMS

Steve,

I'm Back!!!! - Great news about the MOT mate fantastic  ;D camera is ready and waiting mate whenever you are  ;D

Rich

Mini Mad Max

Thanks a billion times Steve! I hope you enjoyed Hartside Pass as much as i did.... These pictures and video are what i got on my camera, there's more to come from steve ;).
Follow the link for the video: http://s486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/Mini_Mad_Max/?action=view&current=DSCF2487.mp4
DSCF2486.jpg

DSCF2485.jpg

^Dad enjoying the beast that is mary after a rather quick 36mile blast up the pennines :) Mary is a beauty now, brilliant acceleration and a rather modest top speed (Pah!) It stuck to the road on tricky bends etc unless Steve gave it some encouragement for some well controlled powerslide. It also sounds totally amazing when it's about half a mile away buzzing along country lanes!
Max

Steves2580

Mini Mad Max":2y41bq2w said:
Thanks a billion times Steve! I hope you enjoyed Hartside Pass as much as i did.... These pictures and video are what i got on my camera, there's more to come from steve ;).
Follow the link for the video: http://s486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/Mini_Mad_Max/?action=view&current=DSCF2487.mp4
DSCF2486.jpg

DSCF2485.jpg

^Dad enjoying the beast that is mary after a rather quick 36mile blast up the pennines :) Mary is a beauty now, brilliant acceleration and a rather modest top speed (Pah!) It stuck to the road on tricky bends etc unless Steve gave it some encouragement for some well controlled powerslide. It also sounds totally amazing when it's about half a mile away buzzing along country lanes!
Max

Wicked video clip Max!
Thanks for taking me over the Hartside Pass, thats one awesome road. The video we did really doesn't do it justice!
Our video is just uploading, hopefully won't take too long!!

Thanks again ;D

Steve ;D

Mini Mad Max

Thanks again steve, It gave me and my brother inspiration for a build thread update ;)
Maybe a roll cage mount next time to do it justice, I'm awful at holding still at your speeds! :p
Max

ChaosMS

Steve,

Thanks a million for dropping in on your way back from Max's - Mary is Fantastic!!

Steve took me out for a blast around our little town and at one point the wind rushing past was maing my eyes water so much I couldnt see a thing!! - What a laugh!! - A truly fantastic machine and a credit to you Steve - well done mate  ;D

Rich

Steves2580

Mini Mad Max":3lqs0m8j said:
Thanks again steve, It gave me and my brother inspiration for a build thread update ;)
Maybe a roll cage mount next time to do it justice, I'm awful at holding still at your speeds! :p
Max

Cool, I'll have a read! I bet your brother loved his drive in Mary, his ear to ear smile gave it away!!
I'll have to build a camera bracket for behind the screen ;D

Steve.