Mary's Back!! Discussion Thread

Steves2580

Phaeton":2wzms4ga said:
Steve,

Really trivial point, but please spray your spoiler/brake light silver to match the rest  ;D

Alan...

Alan,
I was unsure about either the red or the silver, I'm going to leave it for now until I've properly decided!

Which do you think?

Steve.

Steves2580

ChaosMS":1mortcwk said:
Steve,

Good to hear youve found another caliper mate - and got it all sorted, if your about after the MOT on Thursday bring it by my place and I'll do a video for you, Im around so just give me a shout :)

Oh and checked out your handy work on Wagons fire wall - top job mate - I will find some aluminium plate and draw my firewall up for ya next!!!!! :) ;D

Cheers

Rich

Wish I could bring it round, but its not going to be insured until it passes!!
That and I've got to be back a work, Open Day prep :(, no, actually  ;D I get to play!!!! ;D
Thanks for the offer of a video, I will take you up on it as soon as I can!

Not a problem with the welding job, you get the material, help me fabricate and I'll weld it off ;D

Steve.

Steves2580

Mini Mad Max":2hhdv9y6 said:
Good luck with the MOT... I'm sure she'll pass as long as everything has been bolted together nice and sturdy :)

Thanks Max!
I really hope so!!
I'll have everything crossed tomorrow!!
By 8.30am I'll have a result :eek:

Steve.

Steves2580

Hi Guys,

Sorry about the wait!

I'm afraid she failed, I was well gutted :(
Failed on two wheel bearings and a top ball joint, parts should be with me tomorrow and hopefully fitted before night fall ;)

I didn't get any pictures at the MOT station, George (the mot man) was on his own, so he had me sat in the buggy pressing brakes, flicking switches etc.

I'll take it back on Saturday, if I've got my bits fitted (hope they'll be working).

Steve.

Phaeton

Staff member
Not too bad then, were they the Mini or the MG parts, as when she was built every ball joint & bearing was changed.

Alan..

Steves2580

Phaeton":2w953m76 said:
Not too bad then, were they the Mini or the MG parts, as when she was built every ball joint & bearing was changed.

Alan..

Nah not too bad!
Near side front top ball joint, mini
Off side front wheel bearing, mini
Rear near side wheel bearing, mgf

Top ball just needed one of the spacers thingys removed, easy little job!
Front wheel bearing was shot, thought of just tightening and packing with grease, but they were too far gone. New ones fitted by my mate.
Rear wheel bearing was a right bastard!!!
Some feckwit had turned half of the hub shaft down, so instead of being like a smooth tube it was stepped!!
No wonder the old bearings had failed, it had only been running on one side of the bearing race.
While my mate was fitting the front wheel bearings I was welding up the turned down half of the hub, and then I lathed the welded section, back to nice and round.
All sorted now!

Steve.

Mini Mad Max

Steves2580":omis4pmi said:
Passed ;D

Insured! ;D

Taxed later this afternoon!

Yippee! Pitty weather is crappy!

Steve ;D
Weather's not so crappy up here this evening ;) Congrats, get out and get driving!
Max

Steves2580

Thanks Guys,

It feels sooo good to be back behind the wheel, there's still plenty for me to do though!
Will I get it properly finished, now she's on the road??
Nah, far to much fun to be had!!

The power is great, not too much, but enough to drift round corners!! I can feel this is going to go through some tyres :D

Steve.