Mary's Back!! Discussion Thread

Steves2580

ChaosMS":31ich96o said:
Steve,

Thanks a million for dropping in on your way back from Max's - Mary is Fantastic!!

Steve took me out for a blast around our little town and at one point the wind rushing past was maing my eyes water so much I couldnt see a thing!! - What a laugh!! - A truly fantastic machine and a credit to you Steve - well done mate  ;D

Rich

Thanks Rich, the drift round the roundabout in front of the cop shop was a little on the silly side, but what a laugh ;D

Fingers crossed for decent weather for this summer!

Steve ;D

jason_l

Steves2580":687nd7k0 said:
Mini Mad Max":687nd7k0 said:
Thanks again steve, It gave me and my brother inspiration for a build thread update ;)
Maybe a roll cage mount next time to do it justice, I'm awful at holding still at your speeds! :p
Max

Cool, I'll have a read! I bet your brother loved his drive in Mary, his ear to ear smile gave it away!!
I'll have to build a camera bracket for behind the screen ;D

Steve.

Steve, i looked at camera systems for a bit as i was going to have one installed in my buggy but decided the easiest way was to just buy a load of cheapo camera's and just cable tie them to the roll cage. All facing a different direction and then just set them to film. Go out for a drive and just let them film. There was some VERY cheap ones that actually where really good quality. Will see if i can find the old link i had.........

Jason :D

Steves2580

Thanks Jason,

They look wicked, I'll have to make a purchase!!

Here is the Hartside Pass drive video!!

Hope it works!!

Steve ;D

Mini Mad Max

Cage mounted cameras just may be the way forward, not passenger mounted ones (I was bloody useless :p ). Really great road though... Anyone interested in a lakes buggy run now? :D That video is still worth watching for the soundtrack, Mary does have a rather lovely voice!
Max

wagon

Quality!!!

I need to dig out my G-Tech and send it down to you!

Haha the folk in the car park were ace - got a right look in!

Like your high vis too  ;D

Steves2580

Sorry guys got carried away with the video and forgot about the pictures I took of the Pass :D

This is Mary getting ready for the blast down, nice view!
DSCF0011306.jpg

DSCF0021306.jpg

Max trying Mary out for size, snug fit!!
DSCF0031306.jpg

DSCF0041306.jpg

And finally a picture I nicked off the internet, just a small section of one seriously cool road!
hartsidepass01.jpg

Just too much fun to be had!

Steve ;D

wagon

need to step it up a notch for the next outing!
3856226767_8e480a82c7.jpg

last time I was there, there was a bike race on........ up the way!

Mini Mad Max

wagon":2exlbnzt said:
need to step it up a notch for the next outing!
3856226767_8e480a82c7.jpg

last time I was there, there was a bike race on........ up the way!
Foooooook me!!! Where is that?! Guessing not the uk? :p I'd be up for a road trip to wherever that is when i'm on the road and driving :)
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
I thought it was the road you took Danny on the way back to your tent, or at least that's what it looked like.

Alan...

wagon

Its the stelvio pass from Switzerland to Italy!

This is about 15 miles from me in dumfries
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NOhyrCVpPg[/youtube]

Actually its the road I go down every time I go from Edinburgh to the garage :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Steve,

Just ogling your pictures & getting inspiration/stealing ideas & noticed you've removed the cat, was it an issue at MOT time?

Alan...

esdebe

I think that "Visual" is just at "some" MOT centres.... Talking of which are you now going to do a yearly trip back up in the buggy ???