National Kit Car Show Stoneleigh 6th & 7th May 2012

Phaeton

Staff member
Just returned the forms to the organisers to say we will have at least 10 buggies on the stand next year, so let's make it happen. As usual everybody is welcome, on-road, off-road, part-builds, anybody who wants to turn up in something completely different & just hang out with us cool guys (Radar/Holy Count). Depending on commitments Steve, Danny, Simon (esdebe) & I will probably arrive sometime Saturday & camp both nights. For any newcomers there is no specific format, however there has been a trend over the last few years, we all arrive from our different directions, we then set about repairing the mechanical breakdown issues that have taken place on the journey or have been known to have to repair the accident damage to make the buggies reasonably safe to travel back home.

It's basically a very relaxed atmosphere where as stated before everyone is welcome.

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

Definitely want to come to this one this time, missed it last year :/ Who knows, my buggy might even arrive under its own steam, however it's more likely that it would arrive on a trailer and even more likely it stays at home in the garage for yet another year! :p That said i should be able to drive before then so i now have some serious motivation!
Max

Steves2580

So your's will be ready then Alan ::)

I'll be there with Mary, might be just me or it could be me and my lad!!

See you there Max (slacker, sorry, Motivationally Challenged youth).

I'll try and get Richard to bring his ultra light too!

Steve ;D

Lilspeed

Glad to see that this show doesn't clash with Riviera Run next year so I'll be coming along I should think. Maybe in the buggy if all goes to plan . . . . . . ;)

Radar

If all goes to plan I am relocating again from north east (newcastle ) to Cheshire or maybe the Wirral peninsular so I will be a lot closer to stonleigh in 2012 than I have been in a while all being well see you there camping as usual and I will remember my sleeping bag this time :)

Radar

Steves2580

Mini Mad Max":npje6vnc said:
I may need help from you and Richard to get it finished in time :p !
Max

School boy error there Max! Kit cars/buggies are never finished :D
Just shout if you need us, I'm sure Rich would love a ride up to yours (in Mary, of course) ;D

Steve.

Phaeton

Staff member
Steves2580":2whtdyjn said:
So your's will be ready then Alan ::)

Steve ;D

I'm sure it will, it's only a matter of getting the time, but it's surprising how quickly it goes, I have next weekend, but I think I may have to fix the Laguna suspension, then realistically there's no more until the new year. especially if she wants the bathroom doing.

Alan...

Steves2580

I've set myself a little goal too!
I want to have my centre console sorted and a fuel tank cover.

Good luck with finding the time, as you say it goes so quickly and you'd best get the Renault fettled!

Bathroom can wait, but don't tell her I said that ;D

Steve :)

ChaosMS

Steves2580":2chxaxkx said:

I will be there this time come hell or high water! (And there is a lot of high water around me) - I still have a lot to do (and Steve has a lot of Ally welding to do LOL ;D ) but I want to be at Stoneleigh and Steve's bash next year!!

Mini Mad Max":2chxaxkx said:
Max

Always happy to help Max, but like Steve said they are never finished - just varying states of operation! :D
Radar":2chxaxkx said:
Just shout if you need us, I'm sure Rich would love a ride up to yours (in Mary, of course) ;D

though I might need a little something to calm the nerves after the ride to your place in Mary !!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D - Last time we went "For a Spin" I couldnt see where we were going for my eyes watering so bad and laughing so much! (Probably in sheer terror! >:D ;D ) - I will be wearing the full helmet this time!

Rich.

Mini Mad Max

ChaosMS":2zrih7y8 said:
Steves2580":2zrih7y8 said:

Mini Mad Max":2zrih7y8 said:
Max

Always happy to help Max, but like Steve said they are never finished - just varying states of operation! :D
Radar":2zrih7y8 said:

though I might need a little something to calm the nerves after the ride to your place in Mary !!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D - Last time we went "For a Spin" I couldnt see where we were going for my eyes watering so bad and laughing so much! (Probably in sheer terror! >:D ;D ) - I will be wearing the full helmet this time!

Rich.
I may call on help at some point then if there is something we are really stuck on or if we just need some last minute speed building :) As for the watering eyes... I've been there when mary was pre-op. When she was Post-op i was prepared with some goggles and a helmet :p
Max

robbie2red

Hey all.

As you know I've got my Dazon, would this be ok to bring? If so, it's a 2hour journey for me to Stoneleigh (If not any other meets I could get to?). Any tips on basically how to look after her on a long-ish journey like this? And I was going to do just a day (rather than staying), reckon she'll cope with that, or would you suggest I tried staying?

Cheers guys,

Rob