Norfolk Freestyle Discussion Thread

BRUC3

Has it passed an SVA test?

If not you have alot of work to do before you can unleash it on the roads!

Failing that, get it running and take it to a local field and have some fun!!!

Danny

Administrator
definiately and ABS freestyle :)

I am not sure if I would keep the brake master cylinder in the position it is currently in as that metal is not that strong on them :)

It has been modded quite a lot though :)

It doesnt appear to be road legal... if it was I am sure they would have said so....

The chassis number.... tough one... it could be anywhere if it has even been given one :) You can always make one up :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Welcome to the forum,

Looks like you have a good project there, lots of work to do, but looks like you picked it up of a good price, to get it onto the road it will have to pass an IVA controlled by VOSA, have a search their latest manual is available for download of the site.

Chassis number you can make your own up, or apply to DVLA for one, if you go your own way then 17 digits is the format, again have a search their is a post on how Dave Smart used to format them, although your chassis pre-dates Dave.

Insurance, call Graham Sykes & Adrian Flux, I've insured off a chassis number in the past, but only whilst I took them to Vosa/DVLA to get them on the road. But there maybe other schemes for part built kits, lets face it some people have many many thousands wrapped up in their kits.

You sure they are Golf callipers all around? they look like Mini up front, but it may have had a disc conversion on the back to Golf. If you do go down the road legal route, then the mirrors will have to be moved outwards, they will not show the correct rearward view as they currently are.

Members in Norfolk, Tiggersmini is in Norwich & Wally1 is in Suffolk.

Alan...

rotoryboy

I need someone to cast their trained eye across the Buggy so I can undo to redo if needed.

Rotoryboy is used as I trained as a Helicopter pilot lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotoryboy

I will drag it out this week and take some pics all round. If needed I will remove bits (like the mirrors) and hunt for parts. I need the bonnet and the checker plate front piece, aswell as mud guards.

I also need to look at the seating as I sit too high (I am 6'2") so need lower seating. I will have the wiring loom sorted soon but still need to decide if I should start with MGF rather than the Mini lump.

How do we go about using parts from different cars? Will this give me a 'Q' plate?

Mini Mad Max

Hello and welcome along :)
Firstly, a lot of freestyle specific parts are hard to come by due to the kits no longer being made.
Secondly, there are a lot of seating options available, for instance, to maximise leg room and head room perhaps purchace some fibreglass bucket seats, these are available from people like JK Composites and I think Kit Parts Direct also do some.
If you are good at fabrication or have someone near you who is, then doing an MGF conversion now could be good because the project is still in an early stage. However if you are not that good with a welder etc, stick to a mini lump, no modification of the chassis required then.
If you did go MGF or mini either way, you could still get a Q plate. You can get an age related plate if you provide the donor car's V5 with evidence that the major donor components came from that donor. That said a Q plate is not a problem :)
Hope that helps, keep firing questions at us, we're a helpful bunch on here :)
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
Sorry Mark that was me :D We like to try to keep the build thread separate from the discussion, just makes it easier for other users to see the actual progress

We used to be able to lock the build threads to stop banter & keep that in the discussion threads, but Danny screwed up on the install & we lost that feature.

Alan..

rotoryboy

Right, It is photo time. I pulled it out as it is sunny so have a look through, and all info will be gratefully received ;D

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

Phaeton

Staff member
Okay might need to pull back a bit photo's are a bit too up & personal bit difficult to the picture, if you know what I mean.

Alan...

Paul

I am in Lincolnshire just up from Boston. If you are ever up this way you are welcome to pop in for a look.

rotoryboy

Paul":rp09je79 said:
I am in Lincolnshire just up from Boston. If you are ever up this way you are welcome to pop in for a look.

Now that sounds like a plan. I get up to Ruskington every couple of weeks and will be there next Tuesday. Do you work normal days As it will be around lunchtime? ;)

Phaeton

Staff member
There's also Newark Kit Car show in June where there will be at least 3 buggies, Esdebe, Steve & myself, Danny is whimping out as it's over 200 miles, I maybe towing mine but it will be there

Alan...

Paul

Now that sounds like a plan. I get up to Ruskington every couple of weeks and will be there next Tuesday. Do you work normal days As it will be around lunchtime? ;)[/quote]
I do work normal days in the Skegness area. If you can make it as near to 12.00 as possible i could probably meet you but i do need to be back at work for 1.30