rotoryboy

Ha, forced out. Cheers boys

d5cde23d-d981-6f48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotoryboy

Cheers Alan

I think the PCD Adapter is the next move :p

Phaeton":2tbrrpoo said:
I just ripped the f**cker out, I wasn't using it so didn't care, all I wanted was the £15 worth of fuel in it. But looking on the t'internat, they expand when fitted into the whole & used, the way to get them out is to leave them open & they will shrink.

PCD adapters I got mine from These guys they don't do them on ebay but emailed direct £75 including postage.

I looked very briefly at fitting MGF drive flanges to Mini hubs without access to a machine shop it's a none starter or at least it was for me.

Alan...

rotoryboy

Yep, kept skin loss to a minimum

How do you feel about rental of your Hydrogas pump? I dont really want to buy one but will need one when I have to disconnect then reconnect the spheres?

Steves2580

rotoryboy":2bdgk6dk said:
Yep, kept skin loss to a minimum

How do you feel about rental of your Hydrogas pump? I dont really want to buy one but will need one when I have to disconnect then reconnect the spheres?

Hi Mark,

To be honest, I bought a cheap one off ebay, it would probably cost us as much to package mine up and post it to you, then you'll have to packaged it back up and post it back.
I used a 50/50 mix of red anti freeze and de-ironised water, pressurised to 400psi

Steve ;D

rotoryboy

OK Steve no worries. I tried to find one but the cheapest was £50. A garage will only charge £35 to do it for me.

rotoryboy

Right, I am currently stripping down the loom but as someone had previously removed switches etc, I have no clue or labels. I am removing the climate control/air-con and am confused regarding the relay box. Is it for air-con only or is it for fueling aswell????

5f92f817-7232-b9ac.jpg

rotoryboy

I am contemplating cutting the live into the fuse box under the dash and disconnecting the white plug. Will this be OK?

5f92f817-752f-8b4d.jpg

Baloo

rotoryboy":1g0wdexg said:
Right, I am currently stripping down the loom but as someone had previously removed switches etc, I have no clue or labels. I am removing the climate control/air-con and am confused regarding the relay box. Is it for air-con only or is it for fueling aswell????

5f92f817-7232-b9ac.jpg

hi
from memory that relay module should contain 4 relays,
main relay that powers up the ecu
starter relay
fuel pump relay
oxygen sensor relay

theres a link to a mgf wiring diagram on here some where

Andy

rotoryboy

Hmmmmm this is starting to become a headache lol.

I have looked at and read several pats, forums etc and there seems to be varying opinions. I'm not cutting anything quite yet as I would rather do it right first time. I think tomorrow I will de black tape all the loom and work slowly.

I have the clocks, alarm and a few other bits attached and have an idea of where some other bits should go. So I will take my time.

Any previous experience from anyone out there will be gratefully appreciated

5f92f817-b9e6-ac83.jpg

Phaeton

Staff member
Baloo":14nzdhbf said:
hi
from memory that relay module should contain 4 relays,
main relay that powers up the ecu
starter relay
fuel pump relay
oxygen sensor relay

theres a link to a mgf wiring diagram on here some where

Andy

Pretty sure that's not the relay unit he's showing there Andy unless he's got the wiring all scrunched together, The 4 relay unit is on the same unit as the ECU, that one appears to be at the front near the main fuse box

If you want the woring in PDF http://www.scribd.com/document_download ... from=embed

Also workshop manual http://mgpassion.free.fr/pdf/MGF_EN.pdf

Alan...

rotoryboy

Hi guys. Thanks for those. Yes it is the relay box next to the small front fuse box. All of the A/C wiring goes into it with some other front end wiring.

I will have a plough through if today to see what I can omit.