VW Buggy

Phaeton

Staff member
ChaosMS":2phfaqpb said:
didnt have a choice car was in a scrap yard
Should have angry grinded just behind the A pillar, then attached a towing arm & dragged it back home backwards, removed what you needed & taken rest back to weigh in.

ChaosMS

hmmm I might of considered that if it was a short run and the scrap yard actually had power - when i say scrap yard i mean a field in the middle of nowhere without power (and no gas for the cutting torch) and a 3 hour drive!!

Baloo

ChaosMS":264c8uk0 said:
Wagon was that comment to me? if so what do you mean by golfing???

I imagine it was for me and he meant am I intending to use the whole golf loom ?

the answer is I would like to have a stand alone loom to run the engine with the standard ecu, nothing but the engine on the loom and then make another for the rest of the buggy

will make a stand for the engine when its out and try and get it running on the stand

Baloo

wagon_1.0":2a2q1zvr said:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5Xk91N3Mr7DN1hrTkpCd25zdDQ?usp=sharing

thanks for that will have a look through later tomight

what i will be looking for is a pin out for the ecu i guess

wagon_1.0

Not sure you will need an ecu pin out... Find the 3 coloured plugs then all you need is there... Which in your case will be about 5 wires, like ground, ign live, pump trigger etc.

Will find u info tomorrow, or I have a mate who's made a load of looms if that's of interest

Baloo

wagon_1.0":3mt36h75 said:
Not sure you will need an ecu pin out... Find the 3 coloured plugs then all you need is there... Which in your case will be about 5 wires, like ground, ign live, pump trigger etc.

Will find u info tomorrow, or I have a mate who's made a load of looms if that's of interest

hi wagon

that might well be of interest, will get the rest of the loom out and see what we have and how difficult it looks
where abouts in the country are you ?

Baloo

I found an hour after work to do a little more stripping of the golf, I want to take out the complete dash and get the whole loom out without cutting any wires, one thing I cant stand is working in confined spaces so working up under a dash was never going to happen,
it was out with the 9" grinder remove the doors then the roof and windscreen
access made easy now lol

and the engine code stamped on the lifting eye appears to be AUM

Wil have that dash out tomorrow

Baloo

I didn't kill it it was dead already ..... honest

well it rained hard all day so I got some golf time

engine box and front suspension are all out and no wires were cut , bit of a mission though

Baloo

full wiring loom is out only wires I cut were the rearloom going off to the back end, mostly rear lights fuel sender and probably fuel pump

also cut the remains of the car in half so I can keep the front to use as a jig to get the suspension setting right

I think I know what I am doing now ( now theres a first )

i

ChaosMS

you've done a cracking job of getting that loom out without having to cut it at the bulkhead - I've almost sorted the strip down of my loom now im down to 19 out of the 60 wires and that will be less once i strip out the column controls and leave only the ignition barrel and chip reader - but im not doing that until i get the engine to fire correctly.

ChaosMS

ah yeah i did keep the com port sorry ;D - did you use the VCDS Lite or an older version of VagCom (ive read VCDS is the new name for VagCom) and did you get a ebay cable ?

Baloo

how does the waste gate work, I know what it does but what decides when it should operate and is it using pressure or vacuum to open it ??

how do blow off valves work do they replace the waste gate or do you need both ?

Baloo

whats this pipe for ?
looks like a water pipe running round from the front and goes into the turbo, is the turbo water cooled ???