Wales Buggy Run, 6th August - 9th August 2011

Phaeton

Staff member
Well I think Wales has at least one more year to offer us a long weekend of driving before we have to start looking for pastures new. So here is the line in the sand for all those SLACKERS  ;D who need a target to aim at.

Do we want to change the format next year have a base & drive out from there & come back each night? Can we find enough roads in a specific area to do that? Open to all the normal suggestions.

What I would say is please no posts about elsewhere, by all means suggest another run/meeting etc. but start new posts for that.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Simon has come up with an idea which I think is great, have a look at www.wetroads.co.uk it lists all the fords all over the country, so how about a few days of visiting & passing through a few/many of them in Wales?

Alan...

jason_l

Im trying to make next year, im doing everything in my power to get mine finished and i think the updates how that. I would be murdered if Sarah knew how much i was spending on the buggy to get it done but yes i am aiming to have it finished for the wales run.

Jason :D

jason_l

Phaeton":17x4td7f said:
Wait till JAE & I'll tell her, I think we have adjoining stands this year.

Alan...

Ha, she probably expects it anyway Alan. Not long now to JAE, im with the outlaws again, will be cool if you are next to us  ;D

Jason :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Back on topic, I would like if it could be arranged to visit Llangollen, I'd like to walk over the aqueduct again, awesome piece of Victorian engineering, oly been once about 20 years ago, sure it'll have not changed but would like to see. Also Portmerion where 'The Prisoner' was filmed never been there.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Skateboard man me, I'm an ex-UK Freestyle Champion  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D If you believe that my name is Pinocchio.

Nah just there to watch & have a good time with a club I frequent, although if the opportunity to have a go on the Wall of Death I'll be well up for it.

Alan...

Steve

I don't mind the date changing as long as it is not the first weekend in July.
I did the aqueduct last year, some nice roads round that area as well.
Steve

Phaeton

Staff member
Okay I think we need to start some preparation for the annual adventure. I know I asked about changing the date, but think we ought to stay with the initial one.

As said above I would like to pitch up at one site & then tour out from there, coming back at night.

So numbers, who's coming? then lets get a site chosen, is Bala too commercial?

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Hmmmm...

Well I am in Malaysia for july.... only time before jane starts uni but seeing as every trip so far I am back early who knows I might make it.....lol :)

:)

Steve

I'm still up for it, Bala is a nice place and I've never seen it over crowded.
See you at Newark to discuss.

esdebe

I'm not sure If I'm going to have to work that weekend, I have a job on at the moment for a company that can only give me access to its systems during that weekend and one that is two weeks prior to that date.  I'm looking to see if I can get the 6/7th aug but not sure how that sits with the rest of you???