Wales Buggy Run, 6th August - 9th August 2011

Danny

Administrator
My end point is going to be Middleton On Sea which is about 6 hours away :-(

Looking forward to that drive home

Phaeton

Staff member
Like the routes, but maybe turn Route2 around/reverse as I'd like to see Portmerion/Portmadog so if we came back that way depending on time we could call or not.

Alan...

esdebe

I've just done a quick plot, we still need to get these into a satnav...  so if we want to reveres the route that is fine. 

Not mad on the start and end points as finding "nice" routes from them to Wales is hard with brum in the way...  So open to suggestions if we want to

Danny

Administrator
I might head to Bala on friday and give me a day to rest......

its going to be mega tiring for me :-(

Phaeton

Staff member
We can change the meeting point if that makes it any easier? If Danny is going straight there, Steve is fairly central so it's only you & me really Simon, where were you thinking?

Alan...

esdebe

Bridgenorth

Id depends on how easy that is for everyone....  It cuts out a lot of the suburbs of Brum that we would have to navigate through and is a nice town.

Alternatively we could keep it as planned.

Phaeton

Staff member
I can do that, might have to move the meeting time back 30 minutes as it's an extra 45 miles for me. Do you have a meeting place in mind, there is a Sainsbury's at WV16 4QN but that looks like it's right in the middle of the town

Steve, are you alright with the change?

Alan...

esdebe

lets just go with the original plan as we have a meeting place...  the route back (on the way home) takes us through bridgenorth, so we can look to spot good meeting place for next year....

Steves2580

Hi Guys,

Just to confirm you are meeting at WS14 9QR @11am on Saturday 6th August?

I'm not promising I'll be there, but I'm going to try and get down for the first section of that first run!

It should take me about two hours to get there, what time are you stopping for lunch, as that might be my time to set off back?

Thanks,

Steve  :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Yes Steve, that's correct, there's a car park there & a very expensive coffee shop, so good place to meet & make the first repairs :D

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Any specifics to bring? I intended to bring 2 packs of bacon, frying pan, stove, my own coffee ;D kettle, anything else as a group?

Alan...

esdebe

I'll bring a second stove so we can have the kettle and bacon on at the same time :)

I'll bring some bread rolls and fresh eggs too, I think other than bacon baps for breakfast we will be looking for places to eat out on the way so we shouldn't need much else.

As for Steves, question about lunch stops...  I'm not sure we factor them in, we look to see what the weather is doing and if someone is broken down and then take lunch...  (but as you are coming we can try to do something like that in on the first day..).  Where are you travelling on too?  we can try to accommodate that and make sure we take lunch somewhere where there is an easy option for a route back for you....

Steve

Sorry not been on for a few days. You know me I am easy, I will meet anywhere you want. What do you need me to bring?

Steves2580

esdebe":gnkzh6pk said:
I'll bring a second stove so we can have the kettle and bacon on at the same time :)

I'll bring some bread rolls and fresh eggs too, I think other than bacon baps for breakfast we will be looking for places to eat out on the way so we shouldn't need much else.

As for Steves, question about lunch stops...  I'm not sure we factor them in, we look to see what the weather is doing and if someone is broken down and then take lunch...  (but as you are coming we can try to do something like that in on the first day..).  Where are you travelling on too?  we can try to accommodate that and make sure we take lunch somewhere where there is an easy option for a route back for you....

I'm back to Preston! We have some family coming up and I've been told I have to be back for the evening meal! Bugger!!

If I'm not there set off with out me and I'll try to catch you up! Can you PM me some mobile numbers just in case I get lost?

Cheers,
Steve. :D

Phaeton

Staff member
UKCOMMANDER":3nk8i5ov said:
this sounds a great weekend ,
i know i am new  to the forum, hope you don't mind me saying ,

Nope we don't mind you saying at all, anybody is also welcome

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Steves2580":4fyy5b92 said:
I'm back to Preston! We have some family coming up and I've been told I have to be back for the evening meal! Bugger!!

If I'm not there set off with out me and I'll try to catch you up! Can you PM me some mobile numbers just in case I get lost?

Steve, Do you have a smartphone with access to latitude? If so I'll give you some details & you can track me :)

Alan...