Wales Buggy Run, 6th August - 9th August 2011

herman

Any ideas of what time you guys are likely to setoff on Sun & Monday for the 2 run?
Just so i can gauge when to leave and meet up!

How many are going in total?

Alan can you PM me someones mobile please?

Cheers Colin

Phaeton

Staff member
Mobile numbers sent, as for setting off, not sure, but I think we got underway 9:00-09:30ish last couple of years, but others who have a better memory of me will correct this if it's wrong.

Alan...

Steve

No, that's sounds about right. Only difference this year is we don't have to put the tents away each day.

Steves2580

Phaeton":2qgfc0vp said:
Steves2580":2qgfc0vp said:
I'm back to Preston! We have some family coming up and I've been told I have to be back for the evening meal! Bugger!!

If I'm not there set off with out me and I'll try to catch you up! Can you PM me some mobile numbers just in case I get lost?

Steve, Do you have a smartphone with access to latitude? If so I'll give you some details & you can track me :)

Alan...

Alan,

I have an iPhone, but not really sure how to use the bloody thing, but I know how to surf the internet with it!

PM me the details and I'll get my lad to help me out! Techno nutter ;)

Steve.

Steve

Well we're back, (well Danny might still be on the road with another 6 hours to go) Another good trip had by all (I hope I can say that for the others). Nice to see Colin and Ross come along for the day, pity it was the wet day and Steve came for the first day (Sorry we didn't get much of a run with you). Before any one else says anything, I may as well admit that we had a few minor incidents along the way, overheating problem (Faulty thermostat) lack of gears (Roll pin fell out) flat tyre (slow puncture) indicator bulb not working (hit by a twig) rear lights not working (fuse blown) broken camp site fence (some one ran in to it). Have I missed anything?
Gents it was a pleasure as always, look forward to seeing your posts.
P.S
Talking of posts, don't get making things up (You had to be there).
Steve

Phaeton

Staff member
Yes I'm back as well, had a call from Danny he got to his new home okay. As Steve says cracking weekend, your SLACKERS ought to be ashamed of yourself & should have been there. But talking about cracking, would you like to elaborate on the indicator bulb not working, like where was this 'twig'?

Steve":1iyaallq said:
indicator bulb not working (hit by a twig)
Steve

Alan...

Steve

Okay
I might have hit it slightly with a branch, which made it stop working, only trouble was the branch was still attached to the rest of the hedge. As I said, minor incidents (emphasis on the dents). I'm sure some one will put a picture up to explain. Danny seemed to like the same bit of hedge.

esdebe

Steve I think your summary of incidents covers them all, although I do feel that you tried to bush-a-side the attempt you an Danny made to widen one of the roads by taking out the hedge (resulting the the hedge shortening one of your arches by 6 inches.... (saying that what it took from you, you made up for in other leaves and twigs, that filled up the footwell and everywhere else).

We need to put photos before fixing next time though... It would have been good to have some photos of Danny hitting the fence, and Steve and Danny in the Hedge.... 

Great weekend though, looking forward to the next one... 

Simon

Phaeton

Staff member
Just a few random shots, too busy enjoying myself to actually get the camera out.

Alan...

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

CAW

Looks like you all had a good time in welsh Wales, It's been some years since i've been to both places well done for getting out for the weekend guys.

Are they balloon tanks on the two cars ?, :)

Andy

esdebe

Yes they are helium tanks,  very light weight until you take the helium out....    They hold just over 12L each and are an easy conversion to make them petrol tanks, a good alternative to the fire extinguisher.

herman

Guys thanks for the run on Monday even though is was absolutely peeing down even by Scottish terms it was bad at points.
Really good to put faces to names.

Steve i have to agree with Danny even  i couldn't describe any off as "Gracefull" but glad your okay even though you were doing an impersonation of David Bellamy in a hawthorn bush.
In short you stuffed it even if it was the diesel that helped you along the way.
And Danny your parking er sorry avoiding action was oh so lucky to avoid Steve & the hedge.

Yes i got the puncture i know, but hey i managed to avoid the silly old granny in the silver car. NOT, serves her right.
Yes i was the wetest twat without the water proofs by hey hoe all part of the fun.

Ross also says thanks even though we all took the mick when he provided the entertainment at the lampost. I think it may have stopped wobbling by now.

And just to say i have the photos of the corner in question. ( i LOT less greenery, taken from google maps) and the damage.

Corner -
StevesCorner.jpg

Broken -
Pictures010.jpg

Thinking time -
Pictures011.jpg

Fixed-
Pictures014.jpg

Cars -
Pictures013.jpg

Look forward to meeting up again once i change the diff and stop revving 5k at 65mph.

All the best Herman

Phaeton

Staff member
Looking at that Google photo, it's clear Steve isn't the first person to go through the hedge.

Alan...