Freestyle possibly for sale

BRUC3

After sleeping on it, im 99% sure im going to go for it. I figured if I dont even do anything to it, I could always sell it on for the same money! Thats trhe worst case scenario, but the plan is to have it there as an ongoing project over a couple of years!

Plan is to get it home, strip it all down including removing the engine, repaint the chassis and other parts which could do with a lick of paint and then slowely rebuild with new parts!

Is the build manual on the homepage up to much and worth the £7? The current owner has one on cd, but said it isnt great... is this likely to be the same thing?

Danny

Administrator
Hello

I re wrote the build manual a while ago the cd one is a bit of mix match a

The only difference is that I have not put the new pedal box update in the build manual was given to me to help cover the expense of running the site ect

Danny

BRUC3

Sorry I didnt realise you wrote it! Hope no offense was taken!

I'l have a gander at the cd when I pick the buggy up, and think i'l go from there :)

HolyCount

Phaeton":2cao3lqb said:
[glow=red,2,300]The Big Arse is a rare piece, I think there is only 1 other around, th emould changed hands a while ago, but I've forgotten what happened to it.[/glow]

As for price, I think it's still a bargain, the basic frame with standard fibreglass parts came in at over £2k in it's day. You have all the other bits, suspension etc, would be nice if a V5C was in there as well, so you're looking that Malcolm has around £3k invested in it.

Last one I bought as a unfinished project cot me £1200, it wasn't in particular good shape, although most of t was there, I now have a reasonable buggy on the road for £2k. If you buy this for £500 even with the IVA costs you could have a nice buggy on the road for the same £2k.

I know if I had the space, you wouldn't be able to buy it, as it would be here with me know, but then again I'm biased.

Alan...

If 'tis this one, I have managed to regain ownership of the mould ........

BRUC3

Yeah thats the one. its fugly!!! Will no doubt be going up for sale as soon as I get the thing home lol

Are the rear wheel mud gaurds easy enough to get hold of, or they a pita to find?

HolyCount

Rear arches are easy to come by -- the brackets are a little iffy tho -- have a tendency to snap. Biddleboy, on here, made up some nice sturdy ones though.

Concensus is that the fat arse is fugly ---- but I like it (matches mine!) .... I got rid of the mould once (lack of storage space) but everyone here guilt tripped me into getting it back  ::). As luck would have it storage probs eased and so it is sitting in my lockup, at least until I get fed up of tripping over it!!!

BRUC3

Did you design it then Holy?

The only thing I can think of doing is some how modifying it to come around the sides a bit more! Thinking about maybe adding some side scoops from an elise to extend it a bit!

HolyCount

No -- I can't take the blame for designing it  ;D  I just "rescued" the moulds. Side scoops have been used before to improve airflow to the rad --- I think someone once had a snorkel above the engine to bring air down too.

BRUC3

Well I gave Malcs a deposit for it the other day, so now trying to sort out a date to collect it!

Cant wait to get stuck in! Think im going to strip the buggy first, and rebuild it with new bolts and paint everything in a good coat of hammerite!

Roll on the grazed knuckles and snapped bolts!!!
lol

Radar

well done BRUC3 good luck with it !!!

BTW I don't know what the availability of a wiring loom is for your purchase but my own loom was custom made
I have a detailed schematic etc if you would like a copy for future use should you want to use it to make your own

Regards

Radar

BRUC3

Ihad a look at the custom looms...

Are they hard to get the grasp off as Ive not done much other than wire up a sub and amp!!!

Its going to be a biiiiiiig learning curve!!! lol

malcolm

Im glad this will be going to a good home where it will get the time and attention it deserves to get it on the road. Now just to clear the garage out to get it out onto the drive way to be taken away!
BRUC3":573nizkz said:
Affraid Ive put a deposit on it dude  8)