Got a Freestyle Buggy at last!

Phaeton

Staff member
250buggys":uhzt355d said:
Then some paint.
It may still need some bracing at the side, what I eventually did was get a piece of flat bar & welded it along the Z shape if that makes sense

250buggys":uhzt355d said:
Last look at the shiny centre console, before I trim it in black vinyl.

That's too nice to wrap

250buggys

Phaeton":1t2zr6mx said:
250buggys":1t2zr6mx said:
Then some paint.
It may still need some bracing at the side, what I eventually did was get a piece of flat bar & welded it along the Z shape if that makes sense

Alan your right it does still need some vertical bracing, there is plenty of room so I will just grind the weld flush and as you mentioned weld some 3mm flat bar along the side on the Z.

Phaeton

Staff member
Centre console looks good, shame to cover over the welds, nice engine cover, been a while since seen one like that, make sure that you mesh off any bits where you could still get his 100mm ball into the engine area.

250buggys

Phaeton":24iky2tu said:
Centre console looks good, shame to cover over the welds, nice engine cover, been a while since seen one like that, make sure that you mesh off any bits where you could still get his 100mm ball into the engine area.

Thanks Alan :) The centre console was folded instead of welding, covered in the same stuff I used on the dash so that it all matches.

The engine cover is a nice addition for the IVA as it covers so much. Good tip, I will be sure to cover any other bits too.

Phaeton

Staff member
Bumble will come back in the new year, hopefully enough time to build a console & new dashboard before Stoneleigh, but suspension &
re-routing cooling pipes are also on the agenda

250buggys

Phaeton":17ilab1r said:
Came across these images earlier the red areas may need attention
attention

Cheers Alan, Waggon's side panels he used were just the job to get through IVA.

250buggys

wagon_1.0":3g26ytp1 said:
U have convinced me a full flexi set is the only way to go. very nice.

Thanks Wagon, what do you reckon to lime green braded hoses?

Screenshot_2017-11-30-10-49-23.png

They would look really good on your buggy.

wagon_1.0

Lol it was - 2 in there last night as well ;)

Fittings look good. I haven't had the confidence to make my own lines before.... Maybe I should have a go