Got a Freestyle Buggy at last!

250buggys

Looks like they sorted that in the 260 model as the mph stays on screen when menu cycled. It says it is an iva approved speedo. Thanks for the pointer, easy one to slip up on.

Phaeton

Staff member
You may want to consider changing the rear lockout arms for fully adjustable ones, it makes the setup far easier

250buggys

Phaeton":37h9gn6w said:
You may want to consider changing the rear lockout arms for fully adjustable ones, it makes the setup far easier

Thanks Alan, do you mean something like this?

800600001g2nms2215.jpg

Phaeton

Staff member
I'll try to find you the link of the ones I was making, they had a LH rose joint at one end into a LH insert, then a piece of tube with a RH insert to take the balljoint, with a couple of half nuts to lock it all off. Just means you can get a full 4 wheel tracking done.

250buggys

Sounds good, thanks for sending over the link. Shame the images are missing, would have been good to see what they looked like.

250buggys

Danny, I don't suppose amongst your freestyle parts collection you have a pair of adjustable rear lockout arms you can part with?

Nice pic of some here...

bottom arm.jpg

Danny

Administrator
250buggys":375ld0s1 said:
Danny, I don't suppose amongst your freestyle parts collection you have a pair of adjustable rear lockout arms you can part with?

Nice pic of some here...

I will have a look for you :D

250buggys

Danny":20ugkg0l said:
250buggys":20ugkg0l said:

Nice pic of some here...

Danny did you manage to find any adjustable rear lockout arms?

Danny

Administrator
250buggys":24i8ft9a said:
Danny":24i8ft9a said:
250buggys":24i8ft9a said:

Nice pic of some here...

Danny did you manage to find any adjustable rear lockout arms?

Nope.... been looking got one more garage to check though

Lilspeed

I got nearly all the bits for my rose joint conversion from McGill Motorsport on eBay.
Left hand threaded rose joints, and left hand to right hand turnbuckles. Just had to get a piece of 1/2" UNF studding from somewhere else.

250buggys

Replacing the wheel bearings at the rear end, ordered the wrong ones (GHK1548).

Is it the front drum version I need, can someone please point me in the right direction?

Phaeton

Staff member
file.php

Just on this, I would consider adding another outlet at the top & then bring in pipe into the silicone hose, otherwise air gets trapped at the top of the tank making it difficult to fill & you get blow back.

250buggys

Hi Alan, thanks for this, I have tried filling the tank to measure capacity and it's not too bad with regards to air as the silicone pipe is 60mm diameter and quite wide. I did intend fitting a normal car filler neck which has the extra pipe off the side to help disperse air but this setup will be OK for now. That fuel cap that came from you is vented so I can use the outlet I already have at the top if need be :)