Got a Freestyle Buggy at last!

Phaeton

Staff member
250buggys":qh9b4chg said:
I started to clean up the top arms and noticed one of the roller bearings was U/S, bit of a pain as I haven't got puller to get this out. I tried to entice it out with a long flat blade and a hammer but it was staying put. There is a vid on you-tube where a guy welds an M10 bolt onto the bearing and this does the job, will probably try that method.
Think I've only ever used the blunt force trama method, screwdriver or punch from the opposite end & then keep going round the bearing tapping as you go.

250buggys

I spent a fair amount of time trying to get the bearing out like that but there is very little edge to tap on unlike a wheel bearing.

It's got to come out one way or another.

250buggys

Danny":w1bap5cf said:
That little bar at the back is not needed :D

Thanks for that Danny, I probably won't worry about that brace then if it serves no purpose. I can always re-visit this later if I need to.

250buggys

Danny":2zyj6kcz said:
Phaeton":2zyj6kcz said:
For £12 you may as well put a new arm in Fleecebay

I have that same mentality as well :D as it will the stuff you dont replace that lets you down :D

It didn't even occur to me to replace all the roller bearings and pins in the 4 top arms, I can't seeing it being an issue with not replacing them as they were all checked and moving freely. Things like track rod ends, ball joints and wheel bearings which get a bit more action then yes have replaced them as a matter of course.

250buggys

Thanks Justin, really pleased with the tank, it's even better when you have designed something yourself from scratch.

Phaeton

Staff member
Is the Acewell one where you can move between screens to view various menus as I believe if you can then the button to do that needs to be non pressable, if I have read it right it must stay on Speedo at all times during the IVA