Mary's Back!! Discussion Thread

Steves2580

Hi Alan,

Yep, make me an offer!!

Tyres are still like new, but there is only two centre caps!!

Do you think it looks better??

Thanks for the thread ;D

Steve.

Phaeton

Staff member
I already bought them once LOL

How about 1/2 what I paid fo rhtemthe first time

Alan...

Steves2580

Hi Andy,

The new ones are Fox R1's still a 15" rim, but a lesser tyre wall depth!!

BMW were 175/65 R15

Fox ones are 195/45 R15

They seam to have made a difference to the handling, sticks to the road better ;D

Steve.

Phaeton

Staff member
Nice one Steve, just be aware that the MGF subframe is wider & longer than the Mini one, but you maybe able to space out the front wheels to make it the same.

Alan...

jason_l

whoop whoop!

It won't be long now and every Freestyle out there will have a engine conversion, there won't be any left with mini engines in them  :D

Nothing wrong with having a wide ass and keeping the front the same, my ass is 150mm wider either side than the front  ;D Will be watching this with interest Steve, should hopefully be straight forward, well more straight forward than mine!

We need pics asap :D

Jason

Steves2580

Hi Jason,

Working on pictures, just having issues with photobucket (just me being from Lancashire) ;D

I'll take some measurements of the back ends, I don't think there will be a great deal in it, as it looked narrow while towing!

I'll keep you all up-to-date with the conversion!

Steve.

jason_l

MG looks pretty good Steve.

If you don't mind me asking how much did it set ya back? Im guessing you are planning on flogging the parts off you don't use to get some money back?

Thats what i did with the Starlet, after i had sold everything off i didn't need i was left with EVERYTHING i needed for my transplant and it had only set me back £150!  ;D

HolyCount

jason_l":a9mlp1en said:
whoop whoop!

It won't be long now and every Freestyle out there will have a engine conversion, there won't be any left with mini engines in them  :D

Nothing wrong with having a wide ass and keeping the front the same,[glow=red,2,300] my ass is 150mm wider either side[/glow] than the front  ;D Will be watching this with interest Steve, should hopefully be straight forward, well more straight forward than mine!

We need pics asap :D

Jason

........ that's why he had to widen the rear end of The Beast  ;D ::)

Steves2580

Hi Jason,

The MGF cost me £350 and as you say, I'm going to sell all the unwanted bits, should be able to get most of my money back!
I've also got a 1275 GT engine (with Carb, starter, alternator, coil and distributor) to sell, then there will be the 998 engine and mini subframe with all the parts to fit straight onto a freestyle!
So hopefully it won't cost me too much to complete ;D

jason_l

Steves2580":2i3bt81j said:
Hi Jason,

The MGF cost me £350 and as you say, I'm going to sell all the unwanted bits, should be able to get most of my money back!
I've also got a 1275 GT engine (with Carb, starter, alternator, coil and distributor) to sell, then there will be the 998 engine and mini subframe with all the parts to fit straight onto a freestyle!
So hopefully it won't cost me too much to complete ;D

At that price i reckon you should end up in profit  :eek: I could have sold alot more off mine but i just wanted it scrapped asap so it went to the crusher ;) With all the other parts you have as well you will easily get more back to help fund the conversion further.

Keep us updated, will be watching like a hawk  ;D

BRUC3

Looks like your making good progress!

Cant believe how dirty everyones buggys seem to be!

Mine will look right soft with all its shiny paint lol

The more I see people projects moving along the more I cant wait to take mine for a spin and get involved in the club community a bit more!

Top work :)

Steves2580

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your comments!
I'm just about to go to the garage ;D

There's got to be dirt or theres not been any fun!!!
It will look shiny and new, but it won't last long ;D

Other people projects does keep you motivated, that and the excitement of feeling over 200BHP per tonne ;D ;D ;D

Steve.

jason_l

Steves2580":3dwavvp6 said:
Other people projects does keep you motivated, that and the excitement of feeling over [glow=red,2,300]200BHP per tonne [/glow] ;D ;D ;D

Steve.

200bhp per tonne!  :eek: Im going to die i think, big smile though!!!!!!

I know what you mean about other peoples projects keeping you motivated. Every time i see pics of people that have gone on trips or have done more building i get the urge to do more.

This is really coming along now Steve! Why didn't i go for a MGF engine!!!!!

Steves2580

Hi Jason,

It's going really well, can't wait ;D ;D

The MGF engine is looking like a very good choice, gear linkage is cable, subframe looks easy to adapt, plenty of room over the fuel tank for a radiator, just got to design a scoop that will sit right behind the head rests of the seats!

I read the other day that the orginal k series set up throws out 126bhp, Ive estimated that Mary will weigh about 750kgs, great fun!!!!!!!!!

Keep you all updated as soon as I can!!!

Steve  ;D