Mein Trike

HolyCount

In case anyone wants to see what's (slowly) happening with the trike project I have put the highlights up on a build diary at http://countmobile.weebly.com

As you will see, all the hard work (and the brain work) is being done by a mate (for a suitable donation to the holiday fund). Once he has finished it will be shipped here and taken apart for cleaning, painting, wiring and all the stuff you are all so familiar with ... so I shall be asking many more questions  ;D

Steves2580

Great website Holy!!

The trike looks like it is coming on well ;D

So when will it be on the road??

Keep up the great work ;)

Steve.

Mini Mad Max

Schweet... I didn't read it all as i'm meant to be doing homework so just had a quick look at pictures, but it looks tasty!... Love the tailpipes!
Max

HolyCount

Get back to those books, Max  ;D ...... nah...  it's good to have e break now and then to let the brain recover  ::) Yeah, I'm in love with those pipes too .... should sound great as well.

Steve, plan is to get all the "heavy" stuff done while the evenings are still fairly warm ( and light), then over the winter do the smaller stuff like wiring, tidying up and buy lights, wheels and such as the budget allows. Hoping to be able to SVA it ( no IVA for me) in the spring to ride out come summer.

Phaeton

Staff member
Kev, looks really good, my only concern would be are the exhausts, excellent though they look, are going to introduce hot air onto the radiator

Alan...

HolyCount

Phaeton":197yb7lf said:
Kev, looks really good, my only concern would be are the exhausts, excellent though they look, are going to introduce hot air onto the radiator

Alan...

Will have a ponder on that one .... but the theory is that the fan behind the rad is sucking cooler air through from the airspace to the rear of the trike. Might have to consider a heat shield though.

Radar

exausts pipes not enclosed ? then heat  not a problem radiated heat from the exhausts is negligable when on the move and not a massive problem static if open to the elements

Radar

HolyCount

Mini Mad Max":1ir56eyy said:
Never mind the problems, they look AWESOME haha.... sorry that probably didn't really help at all :D
Max

:p

Stop watching American Chopper --- you are picking up bad habits  ;D

jason_l

Mini Mad Max":1px57dyc said:
Don't forget American Hotrod!! Five USA is a quality channel :p
Max

One after the other on Quest  :D Although im sure i have seen every episode of both now :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Going way off topic I prefer Overhauling they do far more sensible & subtle changes to the car, Boyd Coddington was just too radical, much prefer Chip Foose creations.

Alan...

Steves2580

Phaeton":tyr77z3e said:
Going way off topic I prefer Overhauling they do far more sensible & subtle changes to the car, Boyd Coddington was just too radical, much prefer Chip Foose creations.

Alan...
I'll second that Alan :D
Chip Foose is a talented artist!

Steve.

HolyCount

Front wheel finally arrived back from Central today ---- to say I am pleased is an understatement!  Got a morad alloy rim for half the price. They couldn't do what I ordered in the size I was after, so did the Morad for the same price  ;D