Mein Trike

HolyCount

Just want to brag  ::)  ;D

Was looking at rubber for the trike wheels and was literally on the verge of getting a pair of Coopers at £90 each, when I saw a pair of General Grabber tyres ( tires?) on the Bay of E, just down the road, at £60 the two!!!

Saved me 120 sobs .... more if you take the price of Grabbers in this size is £120 a tyre  ;D ;D ;D

Got the wheels ordered too.

Whoo .. hoo .. hoooo  ;D ;D

jason_l

Oh my god!!!!! Those wheels are just pure SEX!!!!!!!!!!!  :eek: How much they set you back Kev, or do i not want to know. Dam i want a set of those for the buggy now  :D

HolyCount

Luckily I was only buying the pair  ;D  They weren't too bad at £149 each.  Not many REALLY nice wheels you can find these days with a mini pcd.

jason_l

HolyCount":2uiqnc65 said:
Luckily I was only buying the pair  ;D  They weren't too bad at £149 each.  Not many REALLY nice wheels you can find these days with a mini pcd.

Hmmmm. I know i like spending money but i have to draw the line somewhere, plus i already have wheels i guess  :D Really love those wheels though Kev, they look amazing! :D

HolyCount

On the buggy the eye is drawn to the frame and powerplant -- but with a trike it's drawn to the wheels, so they were my only real extravagance on the beastie ..... taking tyres into account, the three wheels set me back i.r.o. £700

If the wife sees this ... it's a typo, dear !

Phaeton

Staff member
KEV!!!!

Are you having Gold plated tyres? if the wheels cost £300 tyres must be costing £400!!!!

:)

Alan...

HolyCount

Alan -- that 700 is for 3 wheels.  Rear wheels are (say) £150 apiece, front was nigh on £250 for the wheel alone = £550. Front tyre £70, two rears ( care of eBay) £60  =  Â£680 + valves and 8 chromed wheel nuts.  If I had bought the rear tyres new, we'd be talking £120 each  (10 inches wide  ;D  ), so the set of three would have come in at £880  :eek:

HolyCount

Well ... those wheels -- although the dogs danglies, had some pitting problems in the centres. They were sent back and replaced with some with the same problem !!!

So, after a few talks with Raceways, it was decided to machine back the diamond cutting and paint the centres in anthracite, this will be set off by a set of chrome spinners (still on their way from the States).

Anyhooo ... the "new" wheels arrived this morning ... to say I am pleased with them is an understatment (to be honest, I should have gone for this finish first time around I think!)

HolyCount

Finally out into the  ... eerrm .. sunlight ----- Still on gash wheels, seats need doing and in desperate need of paint -- but that will have to wait until everything else is done.  It's still not at my place, so I take no responsibilty for the background !  Click on it to make it bigger:

Steves2580

That is looking great Holy!!
Proper smart!!
With those new wheels and tyres, it going to be the dogs danglers ;D

Excellent work!!

Steve.