Stoneleigh Kit Car Show 2015 3rd & 4th May

Danny

Administrator
sounds good... I will need a lift as I cant be arsed to be trying to jump mine everytime...lol

Lilspeed

OK, I have to confess - with the weather forecast for the weekend not looking good I was considering chucking the buggy on the trailer and dragging it to Stoneleigh behind the nice comfy Smocus.

That was until I realised I'd have to pay full price for entry and camping!! 45 quid?!! :eek:

150 miles each way and I don't own any wet weather driving gear though . . . . .

Lilspeed

Phaeton":1zeldan7 said:
£45???? £15 entry + £5 camping

Website says non kit car is £15 entry and £30 camping :'(

Anyway, after a few character building beers and a pep talk from Danny I'm feeling brave enough to drive the buggy ;D

Danny

Administrator
hahaha trick is to get up in teh morning and start driving... that way you wont talk your way out of it and hail stones wont turn you away :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Lilspeed":qlsh1gdu said:
Phaeton":qlsh1gdu said:
£45???? £15 entry + £5 camping

Website says non kit car is £15 entry and £30 camping :'(

The greedy fuckers, they are now trying to kill the only kit car show left in the country, I blame the EU

jason_l

Won't make it this year guys as im stuck at work this weekend and then monday im off on holiday. Think the other half is happy as i usually spend loads of money everytime i go to stoneleigh. ha

Hope everyone has a great time and the weather holds up, although its looking pretty bleak down this way. Make sure you take loads of pictures as well to help keep us slackers motivated :)

Jason

Lilspeed

Me too. Had a nice cruise home in the sunshine, got home just before 2 and have been snoozing in front of the snooker since.
Really nice weekend. Great show, and good to meet some more members of the Muddybuggies crew!

Phaeton

Staff member
Good to meet you too Justin hopefully we didn't scare you too much, to say it was a relaxing weekend I'm brolaxed as well. Only slight issue was coming back up the M69 when I suddenly I realised I'd done 169 miles since I'd filled up, so had to call in the first services on the M1 at 185 miles. I must get the fuel gauge working properly

Steve

All back home now, another good relaxing weekend. Other than the football game with Simon's lads.
Nice to have Justin along, with his very nice buggy and to meet some potential new members.

Radar

Sorry I didn't make the show guys I really wanted to but had unforseen family things to deal with ..the question is ..did Dan make it in the Tangtastic buggy ?? or not if yes how was the drive etc dan what's it like performance wise etc etc ..

cheers

Radar

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny did arrive in A Tangtastic buggy however it wasn't K Tangtastic buggy lol, what was amazing though was Danny arrived, eat a sandwich & had just opened a bag of crisps when I pulled up onto the stand, said hello to Danny & my phone rang, it was Steve after an update & as we were talking to Steve, Simon pulled onto the stand. If we had tried to organise that it would never have worked.

This was the only picture that I took, it shows Bumble, Chuckie just after I arrived, unfortunately it appears that sometime over the weekend Chuckie decided to go live elsewhere.

20150502_161815.jpg

Mini Mad Max

Gutted I couldn't make it! It sounds like you all had fun, and I'm glad that the weather was reasonable for you. I'm in a bit of a coursework storm at the minute, but I shall endeavor to be there next year, as I will hopefully be doing a year in industry, so should have the free time.

I guess the next event on the calender will be the summer run? I need the buggy finished by July, so as long as I have enough time to get it through an IVA and register it, I shall be there ;)

Max