VW Buggy

250buggys

Baloo":1la8abes said:
250buggys":1la8abes said:
Baloo":1la8abes said:
you guys with the digital dash's is this the one you have ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acewell-3252 ... 0752.m1982

how did you get on with it ?

dosent sound very big, was it easily readable ?

I went with the Acewell 260 advertised as IVA compliant

how did you get on with it, was easy enough to connect up did you need any extra sensors ?

I'll get back to you in a bit on that

DSC_1853.JPG

Still wiring..

Baloo

trying to figure how long to make this buggy I did the age old method of lying all the bits out on the floor and seeing what we have
l quite like my kinroad apart from its to small my knees are always up around the steering wheel, so with this I wanted more leg room
so sitting in the seat I positioned the steering rack/front subframe 4" or so in front of my feet with my legs out straight, then 4" behind the seat to the engine well the oil filter which you could always mount remotely to gain another 4 or 5" if you needed it, measuring the wheel base based on this gives me 2200mm so that's what its going to be

going to make the base layer out of 14g 2" box for the very good reason I have a load of it lol
once I have the base layer sorted I will switch to 1.5" round tube for the rest of it

Phaeton

Staff member
Andy that will be a fair bit longer than a Freestyle, I've just measured mine at 2020mm which is around 125mm longer than standard, but the extra bit of length may give you a bit better stability.

With regards to the Acewell I had no issues with it, other than having to source convertors for the senders, but they were in an A series so VW might be easier.

Baloo

ChaosMS":wz0vunyx said:
interesting Andy - got any rough sketches of what you want it to look like?

i havent really got a design in my head yet but it will evolve naturally dictated by component location i guess

i quite like the back end on this but not sure i am going to have much body work as it get damaged on the senery lol

as i am using the golf front legs all round i am going to have to have high wings in order to cover them and the front will be quite short as there is nothing in front of the steering rack, was thinking of a new shape beetle bonnet and as beetle front and rear wings are plastic they might adapt easy to suit

maybe something like this ??? ish

Baloo

hi
well 2000mm was what I had in my head but lying it out on the floor I think 2200mm is about as short as I can go and still have enough room for a 6'4" guy and not be cramped, could probably pinch around 125mm back by relocating the oil filter but don't think its worth the trouble
2200mm is the same as a swb Vitara which I always think of as pretty short

Baloo

well the front end works out as I wanted it but the rear is more troublesome,
only got an hour on it today and why is the gas bottle every time I come to use the welder pahh

Danny

Administrator
Baloo":2fhks15n said:
ChaosMS":2fhks15n said:

i quite like the back end on this but not sure i am going to have much body work as it get damaged on the senery lol

Good taste :D :D :D :D #mojodream

250buggys

The blue and green buggies look awesome, really good inspiration, can't wait to see how yours turns out.

250buggys

Danny":xhzo72mt said:
Baloo":xhzo72mt said:
ChaosMS":xhzo72mt said:

Good taste :D :D :D :D #mojodream

Danny, have you done anything with your mojo yet?