Baloo's Blitz

Phaeton

Staff member
I suppose there are 2 options, drill a set of Mini hubs to take MGF wheels or drill MGF hubs to take Mini wheels assuming that 13" rims will go over the tiebar of the MGF

Alan

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Baloo

Phaeton":le47c6st said:
I suppose there are 2 options, drill a set of Mini hubs to take MGF wheels or drill MGF hubs to take Mini wheels assuming that 13" rims will go over the tiebar of the MGF

Alan

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

yes as always more than one way to skin a cat :eek: :eek:

but l think l want to use the 15" wheels as the diff in the mgf gearbox will be better suited to a taller rolling radius plus using 15" dia wheels opens up a big choice of offroad tyres that l have kicking about from my suzuki's
going up from 95.25 to 101.6 is going to be tight on the mgf flange as there isent a lot of metal spare outside the exsisting holes and those tapped holes will stop you redrilling equally between the stud holes
flanges002Medium.jpg

l did make some adapters that fit on the mini hubs that convert the stud patten to suzuki but not sure if l want to add unsprung wieght but it would use up some of my suzuki wheels :)

wheeladapters002Medium.jpg

Phaeton

Staff member
Just me being a tight Yorkshireman, I have a set of 13" with 4 good tyres, if I go 15" I have to buy 4 tyres the rolling radius is very little different, ideally don't want to use spacers as I don't want rear wheels pushing out any further, but looks like only option.

Alan...

Baloo

made a little progress not much, been fiddling with the exhuast want a biggish silencer so its quiet
blitz8190Medium.jpg

blitz8191Medium.jpg

and the steering column is not proving easy to squeese in

blitz8192Medium.jpg

blitz8193Medium.jpg

offroad 68

Andy, I had one of them to start with but had trouble getting it in, I then got a one with tilt which has a UJ so lets you set the column at one angle and the wheel at another if you understand what I mean.

I had some trouble with mine at the weekend, it was cutting out mid lap, I am told it could be because I got the controller dial wet.

Baloo

offroad 68":15f79z1p said:
Andy, I had one of them to start with but had trouble getting it in, I then got a one with tilt which has a UJ so lets you set the column at one angle and the wheel at another if you understand what I mean.

I had some trouble with mine at the weekend, it was cutting out mid lap, I am told it could be because I got the controller dial wet.

l think l will try it with out the power steering, just a straight 3/4" bar from the rack to the wheel and see how it is, would be a lot less cluttered

Baloo

sorted out the exhaust system, 2" stainless seems to fit ok, just need a tail pipe and its finished

blitzexhaust001Medium.jpg

blitzexhaust002Medium.jpg

also relocated the throttle body from the end of the inlet to the top

blitzexhaust004Medium.jpg

blitzexhaust003Medium.jpg

CAW

8) , looking great Andy, intresting about the BIG back box, thats what I'm after being quiet, could you tell me whats it off please.

Also in the seat photo on last page, have you put a tube on both rows of bolt holes then welded them in, or something else what we cant see.

ta
Andy

Baloo

hi Andy

not to sure, think its range rover but l bought half a dozen new old stock silencers for £20 and this was the biggest, there is
a silencer with the engine l have for you but l think its a straight through sports type
will see what else l have around the place

cheers Andy

Baloo

l will get you a pic of the seats tomorrow, l have made a subframe that extends outside the edges of the seats so as its easy to
get to the fixing bolts to remove the seats when its time to jetwash out, other wise l would be grovelling underneath to get to teh fixings and l am to old for that

CAW

Nice one Andy, Well just reading that sorted how to do it, need to mount my seats low as poss to gain headroom when wearing helmets

cheers

Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
Andy when I was running my 1275 I was using an LCB onto a Yam R1 exhaust that was nice & quiet & not much pipe work

2010-04-14185905.jpg

2010-04-14185843.jpg

Intend to put it on the MGF engine as well

here you GO

Alan...

CAW

Thanks Alan for the link, but alas too old for ebygum and paypal stuff :-[ , silly but rather go to see and get but thanks anyway

Andy

offroad 68

I would think any standard exhaust off a 1000/ 1100 cc sports bike would do the job, I had 2 fireblade ones on my buggy. As baloo says its the stright through (perferated tube packed with wadding on the outside) race silencers you do not want if you want quiet.
I might well have one lying around my workshop that I could pass on to baloo next time he calls in if you want it.

CAW

Hi Lee,

Deffo after quiet so If you have something to suit yes please, not bothered about cosmetics :D long as it takes a weld.

Ta Alan for linky :)

Andy

offroad 68

I should have 2 fireblade ones the same as the ones in the second e bay link off my buggy when it had a mr2 engine I will have a look for them. They are alloy with a bracket and 3 pins to bolt a flange on, should have a flange as well.

CAW

Ta muchly, Just waiting for Andy to have a day out at the seaside sometime soon 8) , then he's swinging by mine when he gets chance :)

Andy