Bruces build

Phaeton

Staff member
BRUC3":24dlvl4e said:
I fact the whole center channel flexes! Do I need to put a bolt through the 2 welded nuts, or does something else go in there?

They are the lower seatbelt/harness mounting points. If handbrake brackets are flexing you may want to consider the way I did mine,

DSC00273.jpg

But that is using Golf handbrake cables to rear discs, but I think you would be able to modify the Panda cable to work.

Alan...

BRUC3

Ahhhh I see!

I definitely have to do something with them, but i'm glad I decided to put the buggy back together now, instead of as and when I have refurbished parts, as I know have a rough idea on what extra things I have to think about!

ChaosMS

Just seen the pics of that Awsome back end!!!!! WOW  :eek: - Are you gonna leave em like that? or is there a serious chop coming??

Its coming together though! - and I know what you mean about painting / refurbing bits - I prefer the fabrication  :)

Looking good mate keep up the good work!!

BRUC3

Well ive got a fella coming to look at the buggy on monday, so may not even have the chance to cut it about, but we shall see!

jason_l

House is looking good Bruce  ;D I have all this to come very shortly, our house is a right state though so is going to be a HUGE mission! Its always good when you know what your doing so can save a fortune by doing it yourself.

Hopefully won't be long and you will move and have more room for your family, and maybe the buggy :D

Mini Mad Max

Wow, It looks really good, kinda like the finish you get from the makeover programs, but seeing as you done it properly and not in 60mins, it'll all hold :p I hope this means you don't have to sell your buggy! Some words of encouragement: You're actually further ahead than me progress wise, so do not sell it, and just get it finished, like you have done with your house, and you'll be chuffed to peices with the finished machine :)
Jason, I went through a house renovation once when i was younger, before i moved away from the midlands.... It took a long time of hard graft, but was well worth it, it took about 3 years to do it and then we moved anyway haha!
Max

BRUC3

I sorted out the garage this evening, so hopefully some progress should be made in the next few weeks!!!

Anyone know the best way to clean out a petrol tank as im not sure if mine will have bits of rust in it or what!