Danny's K Series Conversion Project Discussion Thread

Danny

Administrator
250buggys":37l2dxdn said:
Danny your buggy is looking awesome!

Hope that the show goes OK. Will look forward to seeing your pics.
Thanks.... it's nt.to my usual show standard but getting better :)

are you not coming to the shown then?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

250buggys

Danny":m9r8bn4g said:
250buggys":m9r8bn4g said:

Sorry Dan, only just spotted this one. Will try and get up there next year- will have to pull my finger out and the buggy there...

Danny

Administrator
250buggys":1s4t7bu9 said:
Danny":1s4t7bu9 said:
250buggys":1s4t7bu9 said:

Sorry Dan, only just spotted this one. Will try and get up there next year- will have to pull my finger out and the buggy there...

We had 5 on the stand and I think next year they may be 7 or 8 if all goes well which will be awesome :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":2w20dler said:
Right mot booked for today (tuesday) going to do my wheel alignment as well today seeing as I have all the gear for that now...

Trying to get mine booked in this week for both of these

Danny

Administrator
I need to work out how to use these guages properly.. think having a flat surface is the key....

250buggys

Lucky you noticed those bolts were loose before you set off on your trip.

I had the t series engine in my 220 coupe turbo and had to replace the alternator bolts more than once.

Phaeton

Staff member
I told him to bang a wedge of wood in there & put a tie wrap round it

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
250buggys":2omh72sl said:
Lucky you noticed those bolts were loose before you set off on your trip.

I had the t series engine in my 220 coupe turbo and had to replace the alternator bolts more than once.
Lol yup

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":1es10qcv said:
Well I appear to not be doing much but I have been quite busy and well today I finally got the V5 back with the engine change finalised... took 3 months of form filling but web are all good now :D
Well done Danny for sticking with it, it's on my job's to do list, I've tried once & failed, want to have another go & do it again, but last time I tried it took so long I wanted it back on the road before they completed it which screwed it all up.

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":380ztj8o said:
Danny":380ztj8o said:
Well I appear to not be doing much but I have been quite busy and well today I finally got the V5 back with the engine change finalised... took 3 months of form filling but web are all good now :D
Well done Danny for sticking with it, it's on my job's to do list, I've tried once & failed, want to have another go & do it again, but last time I tried it took so long I wanted it back on the road before they completed it which screwed it all up.

took about 3 months I recon :D the first one I sent in they returned then I needed letters to say it was fitted to standard... all I am going to say on that front :D

£235 a year road tax though :-\

Danny

Administrator
the garage we are renting use to get it from a property accross the way but she is renovating the whole block and the dummy electrician ripped it out :-( Proper pain in the ass that

250buggys

That's bad news about the power, hope it gets sorted soon.

What shocks did you get, were they just standard classic mini or uprated?

Danny

Administrator
I took the gaz shocks off as they were quite bulky and the springs were rubbing... I ave now gone for cheap ones :D They only last a couple of years so cheap is not always bad :D

I may get electric next week if I can break in to the building and rewire it :D Not even joking :D

Phaeton

Staff member
b2882d38db49d9c8c68b0150aee41cf1.jpg

Should have cut the upper/outer shields off that stops them rubbing