Danny's K Series Conversion Project Discussion Thread

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny, I have this made up for the front radiator hose & I never have an bleeding issues all it's just a lorry schrader valve with a couple of washers, don't put it too far down the pipe or you'll not be able to get it in.

thumb.php

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":2ggeqs1b said:
Danny, I have this made up for the front radiator hose & I never have an bleeding issues all it's just a lorry schrader valve with a couple of washers, don't put it too far down the pipe or you'll not be able to get it in.

thumb.php
I have a bleed there anyway :) the airlock is somewhere else :-/

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":2s919njm said:
Decided to start the buggy suspension. ..

7c4df5c62d897d4e400699618a36fec0.jpg

If you're going down this route you need to ensure that you drill the 2 opposing holes & bolt it together squarely before starting to weld,
once cut to the correct width

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":fkfziugp said:
Danny":fkfziugp said:
Decided to start the buggy suspension. ..

7c4df5c62d897d4e400699618a36fec0.jpg

If you're going down this route you need to ensure that you drill the 2 opposing holes & bolt it together squarely before starting to weld,
once cut to the correct width
Yup... the template did that perfect

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":9lnkiwms said:
What you going to stop the shocks moving sideways, can't remember what is there originally

I have a load of stainless steel washers :D I then use grease to hold them together :D years of experience in that part :D

Phaeton

Staff member
I do hope you make sure your daughter is wrapped up well if she's joining you in the garage this time of year, if she is not with you,
why?

Phaeton

Staff member
These are the type normally used CBS Expensive ones
or a pair from Bolt on Bits

I've always wanted to change them to a oblong set, just never got around to it, TBH the only time headlights are used are at MOT time or Wales run when it rains & rains & rains & rains & rains, oh did I tell you when we go to Wales it rains?

Phaeton

Staff member
Yes I was going to go with a set of them last year, but the cost when I already have a working pair just wasn't justifiable, the other thing was a couldn't get a definitive answer if they would be legal on a car, or at least the ones I was looking at were designed for bikes

Phaeton

Staff member
wagon_1.0":367looqt said:
you could probably ditch them and get a "not presented with light" MOT advisory pass :)
But then he's go out one day & forget the time & not be able to get home.

Once saw a programme on TV where a copper had pulled over a biker who's bike only had a daytime MOT, the copper didn't believe it to be true & there was such a thing. They had to wait until a proper traffic officer came from the other side of the city to go through the details. Took the copper over an hour to get there, when he did everything was legitimate & above board. Problem was it had now got too dark to ride the bike & he was 4 miles from home, coppers just got in their cars & drove off, no offer to help or anything. He ended up having to push the bike home, or at least out of sight of the cameras.