Freestyle GT Discusion thread

Mini Mad Max

I maybe updating soon, as i am doing some maths to see if i can afford an engine that i have been given a price to. If you want a more curve caterham nose try the vindicator nose:
1600004_f520.jpg

Max

jason_l

Hmmm.... not too keen on that nosecone to be honest :-X

I could start from scratch but i think the caterham style one should give a good starting point. As the Radiator at the front is already angled forward the nosecone will angle upwards towards the existing nosecone so i may be able to get them to meet up.

Anyone else have any idea's???

Jason :D

jason_l

Angel Boy":riviunub said:
Is this one any good to you Clicky!!

First one on the list £55?

Andy

Thanks Andy.

That may just do it :) It says that its 24' wide roughly 610mm and the fiat rad i have is 449mm wide so should fit over the rad without as little chopping as possible ;D

Steves2580

Jason,

Just to let you know that I think it looks Awsome!! :eek:

Keep up the great work, when are you looking to be on the road??

Steve.

jason_l

Steves2580":2qzyn5xj said:
Jason,

Just to let you know that I think it looks Awsome!! :eek:

Keep up the great work, when are you looking to be on the road??

Steve.

Thanks Steve  ;D Its slowly growing on me, think it will be ok once it has the arch's and other panels on it. There are a few people that have said they don't like it but i think it will look something similar as i don't really know what else i can do.

James from TGT says i should paint teeth on the radiator to make it look more evil  :D

Steves2580

Teeth on the rad would look cool!! Very evil ;D

You'll have to try some paper teeth to see how it will look, more pictures required!!

Steve.

jason_l

more pictures required  :eek:

I have a stupid amount of pictures through my topic already and you want more. I thought you guys would be getting bored of me posting up all the time  :D

Jason

esdebe

Its just a shame that the post updates are at the bottom, and you have to wait  for all the images to load to read the latest development.

Danny can you turn it around so that post updates appear at the top?

Keep them coming though Jason, its good to see the progress and photos give away more than just words.

Simon

esdebe

That's better....  I didn't know about that....

Shame your link didn't work though but it was just a case of :-

selecting Profile from the top
the selecting Look and Layout Preferences from the left selection
then ticking the box to show new posts at the top.

Cool

Simon

jason_l

esdebe":3ij56x8l said:
Its just a shame that the post updates are at the bottom, and you have to wait  for all the images to load to read the latest development.

Danny can you turn it around so that post updates appear at the top?

Keep them coming though Jason, its good to see the progress and photos give away more than just words.

Simon

Thanks for comments, like you say pictures say more than words. Thats one of the good things about posting so many as i get lots of feedback about what to do/what not to do  :D

Just tried it with new posts at the top, not sure if i like this!?!?!? its different to ther forums so i will probably get more confussed now lol

Angel Boy

Just seen your pictures about the front end mock up, we are having the same idea albiet with different reasons.  Your adjustable front wing is going to be similar in looks I guessed to my bumper bar although I am hoping it'll look more like a wing.  The intent for me is to try and protect the moving bits on the exposed parts to stop the nice IVA man being able to pick at it with his metal dome if that makes sense.  Your sketches have given me some thoughts though.

Andy

jason_l

Thanks for the comments Andy.

Im still unsure if i should go that route now??? I have the build thread posted on 3-4 websites and people seem to be torn between the two designs. Most people don't like either  :eek: They say the first one i did looks like a ant eater and the second set is trying to be too much like a F1 car. I think the second set may be the way i go but maybe with not as big a wing as i have drawn. May go for something slightly more stubby???

Won't have a better idea of what it will look like until i start mocking up the front out of ply and fibreglass.

jason_l

esdebe":cvbl7g7y said:
Looks good, but not much like the freestyle........

Thanks, Seems to have gone way off what it originally looked like now doesn't it. I may never get round to doing the second phase but im certain thats what the front will look like in the first picture. Will then keep a little looks from the freestyle, like the sides  ::) The back is so different already that its getting to be a completely different looking buggy.

To be honest i should of just started from scratch  :eek:

Phaeton

Staff member
jason_l":zh8k1ekh said:
To be honest i should of just started from scratch  :eek:

Not trying to pi$$ on your bonfire, as you're doing great work, BUT I think you're right with that, however there's no going back now & we want to see it completed.

Alan...