Freestyle GT Discusion thread

jason_l

Forgot about the cone test, might have to see if i can get away without a interior mirror? If not i may just have to use a smaller intercooler and have it so you sort of look over it???  :eek:

Mini Mad Max

Is the cone test the sharp objects test with the big testing ball/probe or is it the bumper thing? How are interior mirrors affected be either of these ???
Thanks,
Max

Angel Boy

Mini Mad Max":fmjf0bfo said:
Is the cone test the sharp objects test with the big testing ball/probe or is it the bumper thing? How are interior mirrors affected be either of these ???
Thanks,
Max

Nay.  The cone test is where they park the car up in a marked out open space and then a various points behind the car they have cones or markers that you have to be able to see from the car looking forward in the mirrors.  The safest option is to have all three mirrors, but providing the exterior mirrors can see them all I think you can get away without an interior mirror.  In the old SVA manual they had a layout of what it looked like.  I don't think it has changed for the IVA.

Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
Mini Mad Max":cfvu045p said:
Because we would then have a load of miserable pencil pushers out of work! ;D
How do you know they are miserable, they might be happy pencil pushers, knowing full well the untold misery they are inflicting on innocent kit car builders.

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

Hey jason,
Will you laquer all the pollished stuff when your finished? otherwise your pollising work will have been for nothing when it corrodes! ::)
Max

jason_l

LOL this is being discussed on another forum im on max and im not going to lacquer it!

My thoughts are that as its on the engine the parts are going to get HOT the lacquer may go funny and then im stuffed. If its just polished then i can easily repolish it again with some autosol. The main sanding stages will already be done so will easily polish up again to a mirror finish. :D

Jason

jason_l

Thanks for that Max but im still going to leave it as is  :eek: If it gets chipped or scratched will be  apain to touch up. easier just to give it a quick polish every now and then! :D

Jason :D

Angel Boy

I was about to say have you tried cleaning with alloy wheel cleaner first?  Then I realised that you are trying to polish rather then clean.  If you do try, watch out is it can be rather corrosive on bare alloy.

Just trying to think of something that will speed things up for you.

Andy

jason_l

Thanks Andy :D

I started with Alloy wheel cleaner, flippin toxic stuff that  :) Hopefully it will be easier with the dremel kit, will be here by 1pm tomorrow so will be cracking on with it. ;D

Steves2580

Hey Jason,

Money well spent fella!! I would have liked to have had a go at spending money ;D

Problem was, I took the misses and kids ;D

Thanks for the new tanks, I've just discovered a leak in my O/S tank, so I'm going to have to get my finger out and get them fitted!!

I'll post my mods ;D

Thanks again,

Steve.

Mini Mad Max

Looking good fella... race well and truly on! I must say though i can't take credit for the golf calipers, it was mike who spotted them and when i found them later i got that must get impulse ;D
I'm slightly in debt though now :-\  :D
Max

jason_l

Steve, im glad the tanks went to a good home and im sure they will be great when you have them on there! The alloy is so thick that you may be able to just drill and thread the take offs straight to the tank. Me and my girlfriend have an understanding, she doesn't ask how much i spend on the buggy and i don't ask her how much she spends on shoes  :D Luckily she's also into cars big time so im sure she will enjoy the buggy when its done.

Max, thanks for the headsup on the Calipers. The guy said that they are not Golf calipers but are VERY close and are designed for Rally Design. Im guessing the proper golf ones aint alloy???

Managed to pick up some Mini discs yesterday so i can give them to the machineist to help show where the calipers need to be. Next week when im back at work is when the work will fully start again!

Seeing everyones buggys has made me want this done so much more now, i really wanted it done before but now even more so!

Jason :D