Recent content by JAMIE B.

1. J

Mot today

After a couple of calls to vosa, they have now decided my buggy needs an mot 1 year after its sva Put it in for its test today, mot tester was delighted because there are no brake test weights specified for the freestyle so he had to take it for a road test. But..... it started raining so he...
  2. J

DRIVE IT, SNAP IT, POST IT. Nice view ? Just add your buggy

Why not photograph your buggy when you are out in it and post it here. I'll start the ball rolling. The Alness to Lairg road Ross-shire
  3. J

Alans rear disc conversion phase II

I was quite impressed with Alans (phaetons) rear disc conversion, so I decided to adopt his idea and add some tweeks of my own. The calipers used are Mk2 Golf rears, there are 2 kinds of calipers, early ones and late ones fitted to the Golf Mk2. I cant remember which are which but Ive opted...
  4. J

Got my SVA date confirmed today

Phoned vosa today to change my sva test date and to my amazement my date has now been scheduled for the 25th of March instead of the 26th of February, quite a jump but the woman at the test centre said they had very little sva spaces left before the IVA comes into effect. A least this buys me...
  5. J

Buggy now registered. LOG IN TO SEE PICTURES !

Almost there  ;D
  6. J

Vosa SVA1 Application form - In need of some help please

Right Im filling in the SVA1 form and Ive got to question Q15 but Im struggling to provide an answer. Is Joe Bloggs supposed to have access to axle weight measuring devices and a weigh bridge ?? Any ideas what kind of weights (in kg) Axle 1, Axle 2 and the Gross weight should be? Also: Q3...
  7. J

Looking for a gaiter to cover the handbrake lever for sva. Any Suggestions???

As the title says Im looking for a rubber gaitor or something along that line to cover up the sharp edges on the mini handbrake lever. What have you guys used ? And was it sva proof ?
  8. J

Front track rod ends

I'd feel a lot safer if there was an alternative to the mini sport "longer" track rod ends (for rhe front of my buggy). Not too happy with the lack of thread its gripping on to ! Could be done with something longer than the so called mini longer alternative Anyone know of any "even longer"...
  9. J

Acewell rev counter problems - help needed

I'm having problems with my acewell 3250/3994 Rev counter works fine when you start up and idle, but as soon as you rev the car up to put off the battery warning lamp and let the revs die down its then reading double the amount of rpm that it should ! Ive set the rpm to 0.5 in the rpm menu and...
  10. J

4x brand new freestyle fibreglass arches for sale.....SOLD !

Four new fibreglass freestyle arches for sale, brand new and finished in bright yellow (although you can paint them any colour). These have never been fitted, so there are no holes in them, not even the indicator holes have been bored ! Now surplus to requirements as Ive had alternative items...
  11. J

Type 3 Master Cylinder Info Wanted

Right I'm done scratching my head, since I didn't buy a donor car could some one tell me on the type 3 brake master cylinder you have the large union and the small union, which one does the front brakes and which does the rear ???????? Please put me out of my misery as there are no mini's up...
  12. J

A message for R1 FREESTYLE R.E. arches

Hi, do you have any more info on the arches you got from from carbon mods, e.g. sizes, dimensions etc, similar to the ones given on their site. What size of wheels and tyres are you using in the photos with the arches? And also assuming the arches were made to measure were they much more...
  13. J

Chassis modification from left to right

I,m toying with the idea of changing the plate at the rear of the chassis from the left to the right of the chassis ( the plate with the 3 holes which the wiring and brake pipes run through) It seems to me since the brake pipes now come off the master cylinder on the drivers side they could...
  14. J

Another take on the coil over conversion

I decided since there is a 3mm thick bulkhead next to the the shocker mount why not utilise it strength. I turned two tubes on the lathe with a 3/8 inch inside diameter to match the shock bushes + bolt, then fabricated the front bracket to whitch one of the tubes was welded. The whole lot was...