Search results

1. V

Front End Parts

Plenty of bits for sale. 1) Gaz Standard height front coilovers with 150lb springs. These will need new springs to be used on a mini. They have the top arm brackets with them which are worth £40 alone and the top hat washers for them. £180 2) Front Disc Hubs - Completely overhauled and...
  2. V

Temptation.....

Now I've had the first kit car, the temptation to add a freestyle to the collection is getting far too much of a temptation haha. Compared to the blitz, they look a lot better and a little bigger. If only I had the money. :/ Ben
  3. V

Disc drive flange diameter

Can anyone measure the flange diameter for me in a from disc drive flange as I'm not home at the moment and want to get some pcd adapters made up for when I'm back :) Ben
  4. V

First car.....

Hi guys, well seeing as though I now have an internship with the race team that I mentioned a while ago, I need to start looking at getting a car. The temptation to find a road legal freestyle is amazing as I do think they're much better looking than the blitz but it's not the best for all...
  5. V

Complete drums

Hi guys, due to longer needing them, I have two complete, fully painted and built up. £40 don't really know if that's reasonable or not Also got the drums, £10.
  6. V

Coilover brackets

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any front top arm coilover mounts spare or lying around. Could do with some for my blitz when in back home next week. :) Ben
  7. V

First days testing

Hi guys, just thought I would share with you my first official test as a data engineer. It was two days at oulton park with the team running two mclarens and an Audi which I'm in charge of the data for. Getting to talk to drivers and show them there laps whilst working out what's going on with...
  8. V

Scrapping the donor car

As I am about to get a donor car and the terms of keeping it in the garage are that it doesn't clog up the garage for too long, what are the rules on scrapping the car and keeping the v5 for an age related plate, bear in mind it will be an mgf so a newish plate n the scheme of things? Ben
  9. V

Coil conversion for rubber cones and dampets

Hi guys, I have for sale a set of two 'rally' springs form p&p minis which I bought for my blitz. However due to running a k series conversion, they are no longer needed and so I am selling them. They come with a set of hi los and will come with the top arms also if you guys want then. (They...
  10. V

Sourcing a donor mgf

H guys as you know, I'm planning my k series conversion now, I was just wondering if anyone would be able to point my in the direction or help me find a donor car. Not really sure what a good price would be for either a a complete car with engine or a rear subframe that has all the bits I need...
  11. V

Mgf/ mgtf rear subframe and engine

Hi guys, due to my change if direction and some research I've decided on a k series conversion/build. I'm looking for an mgf or mgtf rear subframe, engine and all the wiring that goes with it. Also the front hubs and calipers would be good also as I am looking at running the 15inch wheels on it...
  12. V

Blitz 2 chassis

Hi guys its with regret that I am having to sell my buggy, but due to family issues and lack of a car I need the money for a car for my year placement. How much do you reckon I will get for a blitz 2 chassis, I can't believe I paid full whack for it, as even when finished they for a similar...
  13. V

Rear steering lockout

Hi guys, not been on here for a few weeks as I'm a uni and can't get much done on the buggy. However having looked at the solution that the freestyle uses to lockout the rear steering I've been getting more inclined to go down a similar route. I was whether no one would be able to give me some...
  14. V

Digidashes?

hi guys, Just wondering what digidashes you all use and what models, i have seen the acewell 7 series is fully iva compatible, what do you think. Ben
  15. V

1275 Engine

Hi guys, Has anyone got a spare 1275 engine/gearbox spare as I have been thinking about my 998 that i was going to put in my buggy but i think the 1275 is likely to provide a better power plant and improve the driveability. Let me know Cheers Ben
  16. V

Mini parts

Hi guys, Just wondering what parts you guys have going spare that I can use in my build? Could do with a few bits and maybe just see what you've got. Look forward to hearing from you Ben
  17. V

Ben's Blitz 2 Buggy Build

Hi guys, I know I have been on the forum asking various questions recently. Well this weekend I have ordered my blitz 2 chassis from nick and NFC in Durham. I very excited about getting the chassis at the end of July. I will try keep you guys up to date with what I get up to. I came home from...
  18. V

13x6/7 wheels for Blitz buggy

Hi Guys, after talking to Jim and max I have decided that I am going for 13" wheels. Does anyone have a complete set of wheels with or without tyres available. Preferably alloys as I plan on using it mainly on the road. Cheers, Ben
  19. V

Best wheel size and tyres for Blitz

Hi, I have been researching which wheels to put on my buggy. I am very unsure as to what would be the best for my blitz project and what tyres would be best. All mini wheels just seem to be really expensive, any one know where to get these pretty cheaply? Ben
  20. V

Welder Help

Hi Guys, I am currently on my way with my Blitz 2 build, and have almost got the the refurbing work done on all the parts i need. I was just wondering, i am going to have to fabricate some parts and weld them to the chassis such as light mounts, bumpers etc, what would be the best welder to go...