ChaosMS's Ultralite Buggy Build Discussion Thread

ChaosMS

Thanks Guys, Steve was the spend worthwhile ? did you get your engine sorted?

Max, the downside to making the fuel tank yourself is getting it tested for leaks, and I wouldnt go with normal steel, stainless yes but not mild, plus at the moment the cost of Aluminium is very high.

Steves2580

ChaosMS":iw64buvc said:
Steve was the spend worthwhile ? did you get your engine sorted?

Hi Rich,
Not quite 100% ready, but should be by Tuesday evening!
It's all back together, there's just no oil or coolant in the engine yet!
Tuesday evening there will be oil and water put in and then flushed out, new oil and coolant added, that should be it!

You'll have to come to the College Open Day (Sunday 5th June) and she her strutting her stuff around the Motorzone Arena!
I'll take you for a spin round ;D

Steve.

Steves2580

I said they'd look smart and WOW they are very smart!

Very very nice, something to be extremely proud of!!

Keep up the great work Rich ;D

Steve.

ChaosMS

Thanks Wagon  ;D

Steve, I would love to come to the open day on the 5th but im away!  :( Typical isnt it !

I almost popped in to your place on Saturday (I was passing) but the call of those gauges was too much  ;D ;D

Just started to move the wiring into the dash now, its starting to look very neat

Rich

ChaosMS

Danny, thanks for the comments!  ;D

Wagon, sorry mate I missed the question on your post - its not baffled no, its full of competition safety foam, it has been cut to fit the entire tank in one piece with a bore hole for the dip style fuel sender, it also has a fuel sump on the bottom that the the feed pipe runs into so i should be sorted  ;D

Cheers

Rich

jason_l

Your buggy looks EPIC!!!!!!  ;D

Keep up the good work its really coming together now and is looking just amazing. I looked at the foam for the fuel tank but i made some baffles in the end.

Jason :D

ChaosMS

Thanks Jason  ;D - I cant wait to get it finished now! just sorting the headlamp mounts out and prepping the cutting list tonight so should have the lamps and indicators(front) on at the weekend too, the headlamps are MASSIVE and look totally OTT 7 inch across and housed in a very heavy duty rubber case!!

Rich

wagon

I was also thinking smaller headlamps might look a little less herbie on mine :)

Foam - man this is s SORTED build!

ChaosMS

Wagon, less herbie like LOL  :D - I must admit the 7" lamps I'm using are bigger in flesh if you know what I mean :) anyway I'll post some pics soon with its new eyes on!

Rich

jason_l

Yes i didn't like the huge headlamps i originally had so got shot of them.

I have found some smaller versions on ebay but am yet to buy them  :-[

ChaosMS

Jason, yeah boltonbits on ebay is a good ebay shop for lights - Steves2580 told me about that one but I got the big rubber cased jobs from car builder solutions

ChaosMS

Danny, I might, not sure yet - its about 2hours 40mins from my place so I could that, is everyone else here going? it would be good to put faces to names

Steves2580

Loving the lamp brackets!!
They look very sweet!!

Thanks for your help on Saturday, sorry I let you down with the video/ride out ;)

Steve.

ChaosMS

Steve, you didnt let me down mate, i just wish Id got there a bit quicker I could have saved you a few quid  ;)

Max, Cheers - probably overkill but I thought I'd keep the look of the uprights and at the same time build lamp brackets you can park on! ha ha  ;D

On a swift forum I post on one of the guys said they reminded him of the robot from the film short circuit - Number 5 is Alive!! (Probably a bit before your time Max  ;D)

Mini Mad Max

Hmmmmm, don't seem to remember watching any film like that :p I think it looks almost like an insect praying mantis styleee?? Definitely suits the rest of the buggy, and the swiss cheese theme carries on to make it seem more hardcore dieted :)
Max

jason_l

LOL Short Circuit was an epic film!

Anyway, buggy is looking amazing! really love this build, keep up the awesome work, won't be long now and it will be finished :D