Mr Bumble's Phaeton's Discussion Thread

Phaeton

Staff member
Yep them's the puppies normally about £50

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Phaeton

Staff member
It works, but the range is only 1.2Ohm full 39.9Ohm empty so I've bought One of these Simon has had success with his, but does take about 2 hours to get right, if I am allowed I will try mine tomorrow.

If you do decide to buy more than one, buy them from their own website, as off ebay they charge postage on each one, off their site each extra is free.

Alan...

Steves2580

Hey Alan,

Sounds like a great weekend!!

If you get chance, take out the thermostat and drill two 2mm holes in the top, opposite each other!
This will aid cooling by quite a bit!
I got that info from an MGF forum, somewhere!

Hope you had a better day today!

Steve ;D

P.S. Newark next weekend, get your finger out! ;)

Mini Mad Max

Hang in there Alan! You will regret selling Mr Bumble if you do decide to! I think it's kinda good that the gremlins happen now, so then it should be reliable once they're sorted :)
Max

rotoryboy

You will be fine matey. You know the deal with projects, you will look at selling them around 5 times before you finish it lol ;)

It's no fun when it's easy O0 ..........well too easy anywho

Keep the Petrol head Faith

esdebe

He won't sell it... He only does that when it is finished.... hence why Mr Bumble looks the way it does... If he ever gets to the point where he is starting to make it look nice then you know the time is coming.... But he did put a nice shiny tank in it......

Phaeton

Staff member
Well as he passed the MOT yesterday he's been given a reprieve from the for sale section, looks like he needs a new heart though. Bought this engine sight unseen which in hindsight may not have been the best idea, I was promised the head had been done, which it may have, but on the cheap. The the stem seals weren't done, cambelt not done, tensioner not done, etc. etc. The water pump has now decided to straight leaking, so been offered another engine which looks like the option to go for.

Alan...

Steves2580

Excellent news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another Freestyle with a great big heart ;)

I thought about a new engine when Mary's headgasket went, but a mate said to me "keep this one, spend on it, then you know it's right and what's been done, cheaper in the long run", which I tend to agree with.
I know that I spent some serious money, but I know she's right and will be for a long time (fingers crossed)!

Steve ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
wagon":3ba5f8sb said:
Untill I woop you all with my 998 ;-D

There is a very good chance of that, IF we only use first 2 gears :D

Steves2580":3ba5f8sb said:
Excellent news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another Freestyle with a great big heart ;)

I thought about a new engine when Mary's headgasket went, but a mate said to me "keep this one, spend on it, then you know it's right and what's been done, cheaper in the long run", which I tend to agree with.
I know that I spent some serious money, but I know she's right and will be for a long time (fingers crossed)!

Steve ;D

Been offered an engine with 22K genuine mileage so just said I'll have that, but still may change head gasket & cambelt before I fit it.

Alan...

Steves2580

Two gears Alan??
Better say just the one!! ;D

22k miles, would have changed my mind too!
Don't forget water pump, thermostat and tensioner while doing the head and cambelt ;)

Steve ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
Steves2580":2vm6jc6r said:
Don't forget water pump, thermostat and tensioner while doing the head and cambelt ;)

Steve ;D

Do you think it necessary to do the water pump & tensioner? I know what you mean but!

Alan...

Steves2580

Phaeton":20nnd9ni said:
Steves2580":20nnd9ni said:

Steve ;D

Do you think it necessary to do the water pump & tensioner? I know what you mean but!

Alan...

I know the extra cost, but the ease of doing it while the engine is out, makes it worth doing!
Saying that, the engine I was working on had 66k on the clock!!! And oil/sludge had been pumped with my water pump too!!

Steve ;D

jason_l

No, don't sell it Alan! Your so close, well closer than me anyway.

Been building mine for 5 years now, what the feck have i been doing (SLACKING!!!!!!) and your alot closer than me. At least you don't have all the IVA crap to sort out and when its done its done. I have thought about selling mine lots every time i have a bad session i think whats the point, but then there are the good build sessions and i think its going to be awesome when done.

Keep at it Alan its so close :D