VW Buggy

wagon_1.0

They were slandered a bit, not really sure why. 170na hp, cheap as chips and sound excellent - wish i had done that to my Caddy.

I had a 20Vt fiat too for a while - nice engine, massive and heavy though

Baloo

Hi Danny

yep your right i am not going to use the 1.8t engine in the buggy
I have decided to go down the V5 route with an autobox, this one in fact

the 1.8t will be going into my Dutton melos with an RX8 box on the back
however if its any use to you you can borrow it for a couple of months to use to see if it fits and make up engine mounts etc

cheers Any

Danny

Administrator
I might take you up on that offer Andy as I not sure if it will work til I get one..

Where abouts in the world are you?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
V5 looks nice.... wonder if that would fit... Lol

I am so lost where to go on mine...lol

Baloo

hi Danny

I am just south of Birmingham but get around a bit,
I can always meet you half way if you want, say tothill macdonalds on the A34

the 1.8t has more tuning potential but the V5 has more out of the box and they are as cheap as chips

Danny

Administrator
Baloo":1m95lj0m said:
hi Danny

I am just south of Birmingham but get around a bit,
I can always meet you half way if you want, say tothill macdonalds on the A34

the 1.8t has more tuning potential but the V5 has more out of the box and they are as cheap as chips
I will see if I can find some dimensions for the v5 as it might fit better....

I will keep you posted :)

I also need to find a little trailer to stick on the car to get it :)

Baloo

Danny

if you going manual then a V6 would make more sense they are 2.8 instead of 2.3 and another 30 plus horsepower
plenty of v6 golfs around but they are all manual I only found 1 auto and that was a mk3 not a mk 4, think all the mk4's are 4 wheel drive and they don't make a 4wd autobox, even mk3 autos are rare and pricey so I may settle for a V5 as loads of autos of them around as they suit the torque curve of the V5, loads of torque at the bottom end
the other place I have been told to look is ford galaxy they use the same 2.8 engine and with an autobox as well
but I cant find one of them either lol
well a cheap one I mean

Danny

Administrator
not sure how big they are as it needs to fit inside the fibreglass body :D

If I can find a site with some of the auto data in that would make it a lot easier :D

Baloo

ok I did manage to find time to work on the buggy
shock/strut top mounts, I re designed them as I dident like what I had made, smaller and neater this time

Baloo

I bought new standard golf front legs which I think were 40 quid each

then cut the brake pipe clips of and the spring perch

slipped some 2" threaded tube over and some 2 .25" springs and hey presto adjustable shocks

Baloo

yep back on it, well I was I cant find my brake pedal or the steering column which is complete with switches and wheel,
how the hell I can misplace that I don't know lol

still actively looking for a V6 auto but rarer than hens teeth when I want one, if I don't find one by the time I have mounted the steering column and pedals then the V5 golf gets broken up and I will use that engine and box