VW Buggy

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny you're going to have to update the software to one where there is a LIKE button, I'm speechless in awe to what you've done Andy, but just want to LIKE it!

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":1gizwhl7 said:
Danny you're going to have to update the software to one where there is a LIKE button, I'm speechless in awe to what you've done Andy, but just want to LIKE it!
Lol

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

ChaosMS

Looking awesome as usual Andy!! sorry to hear about the SCUM that broke in to you place hopefully they will trip on something very sharp or choke on something they nicked!!! - there is always hope!!

Baloo

hello boys
more updates

engine and box have to live at the back because … well they just have too …. 8) 8) 8)

but I have 3 other major components to find a home for as well, the exhaust the fuel tank and the radiator

now it would clearly be difficult for the exhaust to be at the front not impossible but pretty pointless so I guess that's going to have to stay at the back

fuel tank and rad could both live at the front if need be, radiator would catch more air and the steel pipes running under the car to the front and back would act as more cooling, only down side I can see is that it will be more prone to block up with mud at the front
and the fuel tank I think that would be quite happy at either end ??

although it will sit neatly under the exhaust at the back but don't want it to near a heat source

Radiator could live up high behind the seats but having it split or burst there would show me in hot water
not something I like the sound of so it has to be right at the back or front

Baloo

the suspension strut top mounts sit at angle in both directions, this pic shows how useful it was taking a jig of the golf bodyshell

the rears are the same too, well obviously they are since they are fronts at the rear lol

rears are going to be the stock golf fronts as the spring rates will be somewhere near
the fronts however I am going to modify and bring down 6" in height as I don't like them stuck up there
and the spring rates will be far to high

Baloo

the circular disc is going to be the gear box mount and one simalar at the other side for the engine mount
i was going to use the factory ones but they are just huge great for a car but think i am going to make mine using a transit leaf spring bush
at least that way when i am upside down the engine wont fall out :eek: :eek: :eek:

Baloo

and I also think I am going to use a vw beetle bonnet its the right shape, tipped a bit more upright
and besides I have one :) :)
oh and all the wings on a beetle are plastic could be some scope they for modifying them to fit a buggy ::) ::)

any questions or observations ??

Baloo

im not even sure I am going to use the 1.8 t engine and box at this point in time :eek: :eek: :eek:
I would really like to have this as an auto but cant find any 1.8 t auto golfs
so plan B was to look for a 2.8 VR6 golf with an auto box but all the ones I can find are manual
trying a different route I think the ford Galaxy 2.8 is the same vw engine and box ???

seems to be quiet a few around like this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232957511371?ul_noapp=true

ChaosMS

Blimey how many cars have you got for parts Andy?????????????????????????
Looking good though - coming along nicely :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Never liked the idea of rads behind people's heads, it has to go up front, it's the logic & obvious place

Baloo

Yep I think your right rad has to go up front, was hoping to squeeze spare wheel under bonnet, we will see.
And chaos those beetles are daily drivers but have a bonnet of a scrapper, would still like to go auto though

ChaosMS

i know what you mean about rads behind heads but im still going to have to put it at the back in mine as no space in the front !!

Phaeton

Staff member
ChaosMS":ojkx1sfi said:
i know what you mean about rads behind heads but im still going to have to put it at the back in mine as no space in the front !!
I'm sure you could find a hole somewhere to put it, see what I did there ;D ;D

Baloo

otherside finished off tonight, so that's it for the 50x50x2mm box section starting to look a little like the forth road bridge but I can still pick it up with ease, just the shock top mounts to sort out and I can look at the outer frame shape which will be 44mm dia tube

Baloo

calling wagon or anyone else that knows...….

whats the V5 vw engine like I seem to be able to find loads of them as autos, not a V6 auto in sight

Phaeton

Staff member
I don't know but I would have though there would be lots of Audi TT's auto's with V6's

I had a Fiat Turbo with a 5 cylinder engine that was good & had plenty of poke, used to embarrass many a Scooby, just didn't like going round corner.