Search results

1. A

Free Funbuggy Chassis or it'll be taken away as scrap

It's been a while since I was on here last, I hope you are all well. I keep seeing Danny and Alan popping up on the MGF/TF FB group. With there respective k-series engine conversions. Work is relocating me and my Buzzin' Hornet Funbuggy project that hasn't moved in terms of build in several...
  2. A

Freestyle buggy project

Well, it is been a while since I have posted on here and my return is not a positive one. I'm having to admit defeat and move on, balancing new job, family and any time I have left for cars is proving I have no time to move forward with the build. I need the space in the garage for doing stuff...
  3. A

Latest revision of the IVA is out

This link has just been posted up on the RHOCAR forum so I've robbed it for here as well.  According to the guy who posted the link, the last updates have added some text on interior radii to provide guidance on what is acceptable as a "finish".  Sticky backed foam is a no no for example. Andy
  4. A

My MGF

Just thought I'd show off what I think is my bargain MGF.  48000 miles on the clock (and a bucket load of paperwork confirming the milage and the thousands of pounds spent on it) Needs some minor cosmetic work doing on and I'd rather like some electric mirrors as they are heated, but otherwise...
  5. A

MGF parts etc

Folks, I've just got myself a very low millage 97 MGF that I am not going to take a part.  Since a number of you are and if you are thinking about binning/selling some of the bits you have left (particularly interior trim/fittings etc) then drop me a note before you ebay or bin as I might be...
  6. A

Exhaust popping

There is an interesting discussion thread going on over on the Robin Hood Owners forum about what makes and exhaust pop, when you lift of the gas. Clicky Getting a bit heated towards the end (still ongoing), but I've found the discussion between the application of science and experience to be...
  7. A

Mini Designer and a Mini rolling shell

Ok, I'm being told to rationalise the number of projects I have on the go, so the two Minis have got to go. Up for grabs are a Mini Designer which is complete, it is just that the some of the interior has been taken apart.  It has a V5 and is rusting in the usual places so would need some...
  8. A

Ali checker plate

Usual disclaimers nowt to do with me, but this might of use to others but be aware, seller has ZERO feedback: eBay Link Andy
  9. A

Fibreglass seat flex

Folks, One for those of you that have fibreglass seats fitted or have them yet to fit, but do they twist and flex a lot?  I've just been to see some and they although seem solid, they don't half flex around the up/down central axis.  If this is the norm, what does Mr IVA think about this? Ta v...
  10. A

Looking for something to replace the a-series?

Usual disclaimer of nothing to do with me, but was posted on my local Mini owners forum (don't recall it being one of theirs either), but Clicky What an engine upgrade matched by a suitably what a price!!! Andy
  11. A

Looks like some changes to the IVA???

I've just been reading this thread over on the RHOCAR forum: Clicky Looks like the issue around the front end being open might be being made slightly easier for us  ;D Andy
  12. A

One for Danny

Danny, Thought this might wet your appetite. Mev Rocket Best, Andy
  13. A

Huh?

Can't decide if this is a wind up or not: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Coalpower-Banger-Racing-Ejector-Seat-Well-Used-Cond-/260594944440?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cacab49b8 Andy
  14. A

The buzz about the hornet - discussion thread about my build

As per the title.  For you guys to tell me where I am going wrong, hopefully before it is too late   ;D Andy
  15. A

Front suspension travel

I'm after a bit of a favour if someone can help.  Can someone with a completed Freestyle measure how much the top arm travels at the shock absorber end from when the front of the car is jacked up to when it is in its rest position and then have a guestimate of how much travel is left? I cut the...
  16. A

Gulp!!

Well, I managed to get some more time on the buggy over the weekend (two weekends in a month) on started some more hacking and welding of the chasis.  Have a been a little over zealous with the grinder??? This is so I can go down the route of having the fuel tank in the nose as talked...
  17. A

Rust removal

I have just been reading about removal of rust via electrolysis.  Seems to be quite effective. Clicky!! WARNING - if you get your +ve and -ve the wrong way around, you'll not get the result you where looking for. Andy
  18. A

Air Compressors??

If I was in the market for an air compressor to do some spraying and other stuff, what are the type of things I should be looking for?  Is capacity king or ius their a sensible compromise? I know very little so would appreciate your views and experiences? Ta v much, Andy
  19. A

Road trip

Well, on Friday I'm flying down to London to pick up this: I am buying back my Robin Hood from the guy I sold it too four years ago.  Turns out my good lady has an emotional attachment to it and would like it back.  So I'm on a 600 mile road trip stopping off at the A66 Friday night and...
  20. A

Robin Hood passes IVA

Folks, Thought I would post this link to the RHOCAR website as one of it's members has just passed the IVA first time and has written a little bit of a report of what went on.  Some interesting things for us to consider. Andy